* **Apply on the website** – **Apply on the website** hours per
* Stradbally Area Co. Laois
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated support worker to
support a young woman with an intellectual disability both in her home
and in the community, to attend different social events and
activities. An excellent opportunity to support her to lead an
independent life that is suited to her needs and opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* You will be responsible for providing direct support, facilitating
positive environments, developing and maintaining effective
communication with the family and relevant others. You will assist the
young woman in achieving her potential by listening, guiding and
providing practical and emotional support.
* To establish a positive and supportive relationship with the
* To promote the wellbeing, development and inclusion of the person
within the community and the wider locality.
* To ensure and promote good communication among all supporting the
* Assistance with daily activities within the home and in the
QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
* Social Care or Health Care Background
* Knowledge and experience of working with people with intellectual
* Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to
adapt to new environments and build relationships.
* Experience of working with families
* Ability to be flexible and use own initiative.
* An understanding of the Independent Living movement
* Enthusiastic and reliable
* Ability to follow instruction
* Full, clean driving license.
* Garda vetting is part of the recruitment process and must complete
all training as required
Competitive Rates of pay depending on experience. For more information
or to apply please email your CV to **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)