STUDENT ENGAGEMENT CO-ORDINATOR
We are currently recruiting for the following position: Student
Engagement Co-ordinator, which is a role within the Student Engagement
Team. This role reports to the Head of Student Engagement.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
The main purpose of this role is to deliver on the objectives for
student engagement, as outlined in the UL Student Life Strategic Plan
**Apply on the website** “Building on Success”. These are:
* To develop and expand the number and diversity of events and
engagement opportunities on and off campus.
* To enhance the student experience, online and offline using a
variety of entertainment, sport, media, events, seminars,
mini-conferences to achieve those objectives.
* To assist with the plan to return to campus for **Apply on the
website**/**Apply on the website** and to co-ordinate a number of
events traditionally in the academic calender including Charity Week
and the Graduation Ball
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
UL STUDENT LIFE IS THE REPRESENTATIVE BODY FOR OVER **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** STUDENTS AT UNIVERSITY OF LIMERICK.
OUR VISION is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body
recognised for championing students and delivering the best university
life experience. By taking an open, inclusive and non-judgemental
approach, we will create an environment enabling students’ to foster
lifelong relationships during their time in university.
OUR MISSION is to continuously improve the lives of students by
welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real
sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever-changing
needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together;
listening, adapting and ultimately improving our students’
university life experience.
OUR VALUES Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with
integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; Professionally organised;
Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to
students needs; Adaptive to students demands
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THIS ROLE
* Develop and expand the number and diversity of events and
engagement opportunities on and off campus to enhance the student
experience, including designing and delivery of a variety of in-person
and digital engagement events and activities.
* Explore and develop partnerships with on campus stakeholders to
develop student engagement opportunities, linking in with students,
Student Officers, UL Sport, Campus Life Services, UL Global, the
Faculties and with off campus stakeholders e.g. entertainment
providers, event management companies.
* Required to be flexible and adaptable to changing expectations and
trends in student entertainment, including events, seminars, media,
broadcasting and podcasting
* Co-ordinate and manage the budget for events and engagement
opportunities which will include exploring funding and sponsorship
* Contribute to the mapping of the ‘student life’ pathway for
our diverse student population which includes international students,
commuter students, mature students, students with a disability and
traditional school leavers by developing a student life service plan
for alternative / additional services, events and engagements for
these students to enhance and improve engagement.
* Ensure that diversity and inclusion is core to the delivery of the
offering of entertainment & engagement opportunities
* Implementing an annual student survey / listening exercise to keep
Student Life on trend and focussed on the developing needs of student
entertainment and engagement opportunities
* Provide advice and support to students to run their own events and
activities particularly UL Clubs & Societies
* Manage the new MSL student engagement portal being introduced in
late **Apply on the website** and maintain up to date awareness of
trends and developments in digital engagement platforms and
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* A third level qualification in a relevant discipline is essential
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects similar to
those outlined in the key objectives of the role is essential
* Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite is
* Experience in using Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator
and WordPress, experience in poster design and video editing is
essential, experience with media platforms / broadcasting, podcasting
* Experience using social media on behalf of an organisation is
* Experience of using communication platforms like Zoom and MS Teams
* Experience of involvement with a student representative or similar
membership organisation is desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
* Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively and
prioritise projects appropriately essential.
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building
on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a
collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our
leaders and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our
mission to ‘continuously improve the life of students’.
To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has
been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has
the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the
delivery of strategic goals can take place in tandem with the
development of each individual’s personal and professional goals,
core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we
look for in our team are CREATIVITY; TEAM WORK & COLLABORATION;
SELF-MANAGEMENT; COMMUNICATIONS AND STUDENT CENTRED.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key
competencies and behaviours.
WORKING AT UL STUDENT LIFE
This is a full-time position with UL Student Life with core office
hours and a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as
and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University
of Limerick. A salary scale of €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on
the website** - €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
will apply to the successful candidate and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and
progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
* A contributory pension scheme
* Annual leave of **Apply on the website** days, exclusive of public
holidays, company days and wellbeing days throughout the year and
several other policies and benefits
* Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
* Discounted gym membership
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to **Apply on the website**
outlining clearly, how your experience matches the essential and
desirable experience and qualifications required for this role
Please mark your application ‘Co-ordinator’ in the subject field
of your email
Closing date is Monday August **Apply on the website**th at 5.**Apply
on the website**pm
We need : English (Good)