POSITION TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – BALLYMUN AND SWORDS
PROGRAMME: Garda Youth Diversion Projects – Ballymun and Swords
LOCATION: Swords Youth Service, Rear Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin.
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time, **Apply on the website** hours per week.
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**.**Apply
on the website** (Band D: **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** – **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** (FTE))
REPORTS TO: Family Support Team Leader.
To work intensively with a caseload of families who have family
members engaging with GYDP’s in the Swords and Ballymun areas of
* Engage with GYDP participants families depending on the level of
need and intensity of intervention required.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders who will identify particular
families who will benefit most from the support of a Family Support
* Carry out needs based interventions which promote pro-social
behavior and support the parents and young people involved to make
positive life choices.
* Roll out evidence based parenting programmes relevant to the needs
of families, e.g. Parents Plus; Strengthening Families; etc.
* Deliver issue based group and support sessions.
* Carry out home visits.
* Family Support Worker and Youth Justice Workers to meet regularly
to discuss issues arising and explore or be familiarized with the
responses/wrap around services being delivered to all family members.
* Assessment and development of case plan with the family in
relation to the level and nature of support required.
* Producing bi monthly reports on project activity.
* Attending regular supervision/meetings with line manager.
* Sourcing and/or provision of courses and individual work to
parents to develop their parenting and personal skills.
* Reporting child safeguarding concerns in line with Crosscare’s
Child Safeguarding Policy.
* Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Health & Safety and
Welfare at Work Act (**Apply on the website**) and other relevant
* Any other duties as directed by the line management.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times in line with policy.
* A recognised relevant third level qualification (NFQ: Level 7 or
above) in Youth Work or equivalent.
* A minimum of 2 years experience.
* A proven record of working with young people and their families.
* An understanding/knowledge of GYDP’s and how they work.
* Some experience in training and/or facilitation is desirable.
* A working knowledge of computers.
* The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills are
essential for this post
* A full driver’s license and access to own car is essential.
Applicants should email their Cover letter and CV showing how they
meet the selection criteria to **Apply on the website**. Subject line:
Family Support Worker Swords/Ballymun.
Closing date for applications will be 5pm Friday, 6th August **Apply
on the website**.
CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
_Garda Vetting will apply to this role_
We need : English (Good)