Limerick Youth Service is a leading provider of youth work, education,
employability & training projects & programmes for young people. We
deliver a diverse array of innovative & youth led programmes that
improve the personal, social, educational and civic development of a
young person. Our mission statement is:
_“CONNECTING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE AND SUPPORTING THEM TO REACH THEIR
We also provide a range of counselling services for young people aged
(**Apply on the website** to **Apply on the website**) across Limerick
City & County through our “Be Well” Team. This is a Mental Health
provision for young people who are in need of support for mental
health & well-being. The Limerick Youth Service in association with
the Community Foundation for Ireland and funded through the Late Late
Toy Show Appeal are now recruiting the following:
RURAL YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH WORKER (FULL TIME - 1 YEAR)
The primary purpose will be to raise the awareness of mental health
related issues and to support young people address the stigma attached
to speaking about mental illness and encourage rural young people to
seek help during times of distress.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
* Recognised Qualification in Mental Health/Social Care, Psychology,
Youth Work or other related discipline.
* At least 3 years’ previous experience working with young people
including in non-formal settings
* Demonstrate a proven track record in working with young people who
are most excluded including ethnic and cultural minorities, young
people with a disability, LGBTQ communities, and young people
experiencing social and economic disadvantage and vulnerable and at
risk young people.
* Have completed training and have experience of facilitating
evidence based mental health and youth work programmes.
* An in-depth understanding of issues facing young people.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Recognise and identify young people who are at risk, high risk or
who have mental health issues
* Maintain confidentiality and safeguard young people
* Excellent report writing and administration skills
* Self-motivated and committed to a strengths based approach of
* Proven experience in the delivery of mental health and youth work
* Demonstrate ability to articulate, monitor and evaluate the impact
of the project through report writing and completion of assigned web
based measurement tools.
* Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team
* Knowledge of tools to promote mental health and apply those tools
* Highly organised with good time management skills.
* Excellent communication skills oral and written
* Access to own transport with full clean business class driving
Interested applicants can download a Job description and application
form at the following link:
We need : English (Good)