TENANCY MANAGEMENT TEAM LEADER - PERMANENT CONTRACT
Cork Simon Community is Cork’s largest homeless charity. Our goal is
to prevent and end homelessness in Cork by helping people to access
affordable housing and, at the same time, support people to address
the many challenges and difficulties that may have contributed to them
becoming homeless. We believe that everyone should have fair access to
safe, secure and affordable housing.
We are a Tier 2 Approved Housing Body with over **Apply on the
website** individual properties in Cork and the South East region.
These consist of self-contained flats, shared accommodation and
housing, and offices. We are significantly increasing our number of
housing units in Cork, the South East region and County Kerry, and are
seeking a TENANCY MANAGEMENT TEAM LEADER to join our team.
At Cork Simon we offer a flexible working environment with peer
support and excellent training opportunities. We offer pension, five
weeks annual leave and there is a time off in lieu system in place.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
* Provide induction, supervision, direction and day-to-day support,
directly or through delegation, to Housing Officers and other
identified staff and volunteers working in the Property Asset
* Ensure a welcoming, supportive, trauma informed and respectful
environment for all tenants and potential tenants within your area of
* Attend and participate fully in Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT)
meetings as directed by your manager.
* Working with the Property Asset Manager, assist in the development
of the housing acquisition plan, identifying the number of housing
units required, geographical areas, particular needs of tenants etc.
View properties and ensure they meet the requisite community standards
and statutory rental standards.
* Up to date and accurate recording of tenant rent arrangements and
rent collection, liaising with Accounts Dept, as required. Ensure
tenants understand their responsibility regarding rent.
* Ensure that the administrative responsibilities of the team are
carried out, directly or through delegation.
* Ensure all tenancies have tenant agreements in place.
* Ensure properties are maintained to a high standard, meeting
health and safety and fire safety requirements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POST WILL:
* Have attained a relevant third-level qualification in Social work /
Social Care/Property Management or equivalent.
* Be an ambitious, energetic and motivated individual
* Must have a solution focused attitude
* Be proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
* Be team player with excellent attention to detail
* Possess strong communication skills
* Be trustworthy and conduct the role with integrity in line with
the ethos and values of Cork and South East Simon Communities
The Application Form and Recruitment Pack for the role is attached
below. Also, it is available on our website
We need : English (Good)