To co-produce the design of a Traveller Youth Mental Health Service
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT YOUTH WORKER
This role requires an energetic, motivated, self-starter to lead on
supporting young people from the Traveller Community to participate in
the co-production of a Traveller Youth Mental Health Service. This
person will be expected to support 5 groups based regionally around
Ireland to assess the mental health needs of Traveller young people
and collaboratively design a service that addresses those needs both
culturally and within a best practice framework. The role reports to
the Mental Health Services Manager. There is flexibility in terms of
where the person will be based. The salary for the role is €**Apply
on the website**,**Apply on the website** per year. We offer **Apply
on the website** days annual leave and access to our pension scheme.
The project is for **Apply on the website** months, and our goal is to
receive additional funding to extend the contract.
* Carry out a brief needs analysis on 5 areas in Ireland of youth
mental health and Traveller mental health.
* Develop relationships with 5 Traveller Youth Groups in Ireland
through local Traveller organisations.
* Provide Monthly progress updates to the project advisory group
over the **Apply on the website**-month project period.
* Participate on the quarterly consultation network meetings which
each regional area.
* Facilitate workshops and activities with youth groups in each of
the 5 regional areas.
* Work with the Project Family Support Worker, The Mental Health
Service Manager, and other partners.
* Ensure any presenting mental health, relationship, child
protection, trauma needs are being meet as they arise.
* Appropriate sign posting of group members to Project Counsellor or
* Manage data collection and report writing at all stages of the
programme to include interim and final report.
* Qualification in youth work, community development, social care, or
experience working in a community setting.
* Experience of working with the Traveller community and/or
disadvantaged groups would be an advantage.
* A commitment and aptitude for facilitating and motivating young
people in reaching their potential is essential.
* Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Good administrative and IT skills and a good knowledge of IT
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent relationship and conflict management skills with an
ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations.
* Ability to work and perform on own initiative and perform as part
of a team.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
* Hands on approach to getting things done with a demonstrable
ability to work well under pressure.
* Have a full clean drivers licence and access to a motor vehicle.
* Take on other duties as needed.
* While all of these skills are important, the capacity to work with
and treat all service users and colleagues well is key.
ABOUT EXCHANGE HOUSE IRELAND
EXCHANGE HOUSE IRELAND NATIONAL TRAVELLERS SERVICE is the largest
front line Traveller specific service in Ireland. We are an
organisation of Traveller and non-Traveller people working together to
provide services to Traveller families, and Traveller young people and
children and Traveller men and women, many of whom are in crisis. We
pride ourselves in working with some of the most marginalised members
of the Traveller community. We are a multi-disciplinary service
provider offering Family Support and Crisis Intervention, Children and
Young People Services, Addiction Services, Mental Health Services and
Education and Training Services to members of the Traveller community.
We also deliver other national services through training, provision of
expertise and partnerships with other organisations providing services
to Travellers in Ireland. This role is within our Mental Health
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your CV and Cover letter to **Apply on the website** Closing
date for receipt of applications is **Apply on the website**:**Apply
on the website**pm on Monday, September **Apply on the website**,
**Apply on the website**. All positions in Exchange House are subject
to Garda Vetting and full reference checks.
_EXCHANGE HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES
APPLICATIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE TRAVELLER COMMUNITY AND JOB-SHARE
APPLICATIONS FROM 2 PEOPLE._
We need : English (Good)