To co-produce the design of a Traveller Youth Mental Health Service
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
(PART-TIME 3 DAYS PER WEEK)
This role requires an energetic, motivated, self-starter to support
individuals and families in the Traveller Community. You’ll work as
part of team to support people and families. You’ll be part of a
team establishing a Traveller Youth Mental Health Service. We are
building networks and supports for people regionally around Ireland to
assess the mental health needs of Traveller young people and
collaboratively design a service that addresses those needs both
culturally and within a best practice framework. The role reports to
the Programme Manager. There is flexibility in terms of where the
person will be based. The pro-rated salary for the role is €**Apply
on the website**,**Apply on the website** per year (€**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website** full-time rate). We offer **Apply
on the website** days annual leave and access to our pension scheme.
The project is for **Apply on the website** months. Our goal is to get
additional funding to extend the contract.
* Provide services to Travellers who need support.
* Work closely with community services to ensure that clients are
supported and have full access to all services.
* Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure their needs and rights are
* Manage a full individual caseload – undertake assessment,
planning, intervention and evaluation on all cases.
* Work with individuals and families to overcome crisis situations.
* Co-facilitate workshops and activities with youth groups in each
of the 5 regional areas with the project youth worker.
* Work directly with individual and families in conjunction with
other EHI services House and relevant outside agencies
* Adhere to our established system of record keeping in relation to
clients, work records, statistics etc.
* Provide written reports to the Manager, CEO and/or Board of
Directors when required.
* Carry out any other duties as requested.
* Qualification in youth work, community development, social care, or
experience working in a community setting.
* Experience of working with the Traveller community and/or
disadvantaged groups would be an advantage.
* A commitment and aptitude for facilitating and motivating young
people in reaching their potential is essential.
* Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Good administrative and IT skills and a good knowledge of IT
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent relationship and conflict management skills with an
ability to be flexible and handle challenging situations.
* Ability to work and perform on own initiative and perform as part
of a team.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
* Have a full clean drivers licence and access to a motor vehicle.
* Hands on approach to getting things done with a demonstrable
ability to work well under pressure.
* While all of these skills are important, the capacity to work with
and treat all service users and colleagues well is key.
ABOUT EXCHANGE HOUSE IRELAND
EXCHANGE HOUSE IRELAND NATIONAL TRAVELLERS SERVICE is the largest
front line Traveller specific service in Ireland. We are an
organisation of Traveller and non-Traveller people working together to
provide services to Traveller families, and Traveller young people and
children and Traveller men and women, many of whom are in crisis. We
pride ourselves in working with some of the most marginalised members
of the Traveller community. We are a multi-disciplinary service
provider offering Family Support and Crisis Intervention, Children and
Young People Services, Addiction Services, Mental Health Services and
Education and Training Services to members of the Traveller community.
We also deliver other national services through training, provision of
expertise and partnerships with other organisations providing services
to Travellers in Ireland. This role is within our Mental Health
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your CV and Cover letter to **Apply on the website** Closing
date for receipt of applications is **Apply on the website**:**Apply
on the website**pm on Monday, September **Apply on the website**,
**Apply on the website**. All positions in Exchange House are subject
to Garda Vetting and full reference checks.
_EXCHANGE HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND WELCOMES
APPLICATIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE TRAVELLER COMMUNITY AND JOB-SHARE
APPLICATIONS FROM 2 PEOPLE._
We need : English (Good)