NETWORK DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
YOUTH FILM & ANIMATION NETWORK
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Young Irish Film Makers is a specialised youth arts organisation
founded in **Apply on the website** with the aim of bringing together
the methodologies of youth work and the youth arts practice of film
making. YIFM delivers a variety of specialised programmes in both film
and animation in various locations nationwide; engaging young people
in the artistic process of writing and producing film and animation.
YIFM work with youth organisations to target young people from
marginalised communities and historically disadvantaged backgrounds,
in schools to engage with primary and secondary students, and a number
of partnerships and collaborations which deliver programmes locally
As a specialist organisation member of the National Youth Council of
Ireland (NYCI), YIFM has become recognised for their unique and
valuable contribution to the youth arts landscape in Ireland. Working
with key stakeholders in the youth arts sector, third level
organisations and the screen industry.
The Network Development Officer (NDO) is responsible for the
coordination and development of an existing national network of youth
film and animation leaders, clubs and regional hubs across Ireland.
Working to support an established community of youth leaders and young
creatives who are not currently involved with or served directly by
existing YIFM programmes. Fostering working relationships and creative
partnerships with relevant youth film leaders, young creatives and
youth arts organisations. The network acts as a resource and support
system for the practice of filmmaking and animation with all young
people in Ireland.
The role also involves the coordination and mentorship of the Young
Critics Programme for young people (**Apply on the website**yrs)
interested in cinema, and critically engaging with and reviewing film
YIFM staff uphold the values of equality, diversity, inclusion and
empowerment for the young people they serve in all aspects of their
This role is renewed annually based on performance and available
* Identifying and connecting with youth film and animation leaders,
clubs and regional hubs across Ireland. Specifically those not
currently served by YIFM through its range of existing programmes.
* Maintaining and developing the network and supporting the
practitioners involved. This will involve networking with existing and
emerging youth film and animation clubs & leaders.
* Creating and maintaining a national database of young creatives
and stakeholders in the youth film and animation sector across
* Creation/distribution of content and resources to support a
community of best practice in youth film and animation across Ireland.
* Development and administration of resources for young emerging
filmmakers & animators.
* Establish YIFM Network as a primary national resource for the
youth arts practice of filmmaking and animation.
* Use of social media platforms to engage young people and the wider
* Coordinating national and regional network events to support
existing and emerging youth film practitioners.
* Coordinating the YOUNG CRITICS PROGRAMME. Curating workshops and
mentoring young critics. Screening and reviewing culturally
significant films and youth authored work with young people across
* Engaging with international organisations such as the Youth Cinema
Network and positioning YIFM Network in an international context for
* Financial reporting: The NDO will be guided by the operations
manager and director in all financial matters pertaining to the
programme (costs, budgets, financial communications etc.).
* Programme reporting: All programme schedules, goals, outcomes and
development plans are presented to the YIFM Director for approval.
Regular updates to be provided on key goals and programme development
to the Director of YIFM.
* Confidentiality: NDO will observe confidentiality around all
budget and financial matters and will attend regular budget update
meetings with the Director and Operations Manager.
* Other duties that may arise, as instructed by the Director of
* Experience of non-formal youth work/youth arts practice and
landscape in Ireland.
* Proven capacity to engage with young people (**Apply on the
website** years) towards a developmental goal.
* Knowledge and experience of report writing.
* Commitment to the values of Youth Work.
* A knowledge and appreciation of film and animation as art forms.
* Full Driver’s licence and access to own transport.
* **Apply on the website** month contract (subject to probationary
* Salary €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
(Gross), paid weekly.
* Full time position (**Apply on the website**.5 hours per week,
based in YIFM Offices, Kilkenny)
* Position will involve travel and some evening and weekend work.
* Position subject to Garda clearance
Applicants should forward a current C.V to **Apply on the website**
along with a covering letter detailing your motivation and suitability
for the role. Interviews will be held in early September for an
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE 5.**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**PM ON
WEDNESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)