Stryker is one of the world**Apply on the website**;s leading
medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is
driven to make healthcare better.
_WE OFFER_ innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical
and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient
and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the
World**Apply on the website**;s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace
for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting STRYKER.COM
The Sr. Project Engineer, Biomechanics leads product safety or/and
ver/val test campaigns of new osteosynthesis products. Applies
knowledge of engineering and biomechanical principles to the
evaluation of osteosynthesis and arthroplasty products as well as
Usually works with minimum of supervision. Assigments are broad in
nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. May serve as a project
mentor to other engineers under minimal supervision.
* Prepare specifications for product satety and performance testing
with a high degree of complexity (i.e. creation of test plans and
complex test protocols). Typical products may be additive manufactured
arthroplasty and trauma products as well as instruments required for
* Project planning of product safety and performance tests and test
* Execute product safety and performance tests including
documentation in test reports and approval thereof.
* Analyse and assess results gained utilizing adequate analytical and
statistical means and methods according to pre-existing guidelines.
* Analyse and calculate loads (forces and moments) acting in the
human body as input to simulations and calculations of implant loading
as well as for adequate layout mechanical test set-ups.
* Manage external test projects (i. e. sterilizations validations,
cleaning validations, biocompatibility testing, electromagnetic
* Communicate, discuss and conclude test and analysis results in
cooperation with product development teams
* Consultate of development Engineers in terms of biomechanical
* Prepare and create new guidelines (standard operating precedures).
* Communicate on best practices and methodologies and share those
across sites with subject matter experts from other sites.
* Oversee subject matter experties related international
standardisation (ISO, ASTM, FDA guidance, others) and implement
requirements into guidelines.
* Functionally lead the work of technicians, specialists and project
engineers in the field of Biomechanics.
* Bachelor**Apply on the website**;s Degree in Engineering or
* Minimum of **Apply on the website** years of relevant experience in
the medical device industry or equivalent.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to complex ver/val
test campaigns and lead less complex test campaigns.
* Demonstrated ability to apply lab related design controls within a
* Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply fundamental and some
advanced concepts, practices and procedures of practical field of
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for
this position. LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
We need : English (Good)