THE CONSTITUENCY OFFICE OF OSSIAN SMYTH TD IS RECRUITING FOR THE
JOB TITLE: CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT- 6 MONTH CONTRACT
* Dealing with all incoming and outgoing correspondence and answering
* Maintaining an efficient filing system
* Dealing with all constituents’ problems on the telephone and in
the Constituency Clinics. This involves getting full and accurate
details of the problem, contacting the relevant Government
Department/Local Authority or organisation, and communicating the
result to the constituent
* Liaising with other Oireachtas Members (Deputies & Senators) as
* The smooth operation of the telephone system within the office
* Managing the Deputy’s diary and organisation of meetings
* Typing speeches, statements, PQs on behalf of the Deputy and
setting up an accurate index/tracking system to ensure easy access by
the Deputy to such material
* Assisting the Deputy with the organisation of meetings/events in
* Typing of all documents relating to the spokesperson portfolio and
maintaining an appropriate filing system of all relevant documents
* Updating Deputy’s website and social media.
* Coordination of weekly team meetings, internal team communications
and local issues campaigns
* Management of constituency clinics and meetings or events.
The list of duties set out above is not to be regarded as exclusive or
exhaustive. The Employee is required to be flexible in this position
and to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be assigned to
him/her by the Employer.
2. HOURS AND PLACE OF WORK:
Normal working hours shall be from Monday- Friday, between 9am -5pm
being a 4.5 day week (inclusive of breaks).
The Employee shall be required to work at such location as the
Employer may require, including remotely in compliance with Covid
legislation. This temporary contract is linked to Ossian Smyth’s
tenure as a government minister.
Annual salary of €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website**.**Apply on the website**, pro-rated.
* Experience and interest in local politics
* Strong interpersonal skills on both written and telephone
* Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking
* ICT proficiency e.g. Social Media, Slack, Google and MS Office
* Excellent research and organisational skills
* Proven time management skills
* An interest in and understanding of Green Party principles and
* Irish Language fluency is preferable
Party Staff and Members will be prioritised in the interview selection
process. The Green Party is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applications from people from diverse backgrounds are welcome and the
Party will provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with
different abilities where appropriate, as identified through our needs
Applicants should send their CVs in confidence with a cover letter to:
**Apply on the website** Any enquiries to the same email.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday September
Interviews will take place the week of Sept **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)