COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (PILOT)
IS SEEKING TO RECRUIT A
(**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
KTCM is a Traveller led organisation which supports Travellers and
Traveller community development throughout County Kilkenny. The KTCM
works in partnership with Kilkenny County Council, Kilkenny Leader
Partnership Company, the Health Service Executive and the Family
Resource Centres in the City and County.
The organisation aims and objectives include:
* Providing a supportive environment for all Travellers in County
* Working together to improve the lives of the Traveller community.
* Creating an environment for Travellers to work together and
* Supporting groups around the county to develop and encourage
Traveller participation and leadership
* Linking Travellers into opportunities for education, training, and
* Promoting the inclusion of Travellers and their culture
* Encouraging Travellers to network with other Traveller families,
communities, and organisations in a relationship of mutual respect,
openness and dignity.
To support the continued development of the KTCM and the KTCM board of
management to implement the KTCM Community Development Project and
contribute to the objectives of the Community Development Programme
THIS WILL INVOLVE:
* ? The development of community development responses to a range
of social, economic and environmental concerns.
* ? Facilitating collaborative approaches that empower those
* ? Building strong community relationships and undertaking
cooperative initiatives between Travellers and other marginalised
groups, mainstream services and decision-making bodies
* ? Showcasing and profiling the benefits of an autonomous
approach to community development in relation to existing, new and
CORE JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* At least 5 years working in a development capacity in the
* Knowledge of Traveller culture
* Experience working as part of a team
* Experience of working with a voluntary management board
* Experience of managing projects in the community/disadvantage
* Experience of providing training and support to vulnerable groups
* Experience of providing supervision and support to staff
* Experience of working in an interagency capacity
* Social analysis experience/knowledge
* Have a third level or postgraduate qualification in community work.
Where a related discipline is referenced, there should be a clear
rationale demonstrated, including skills and knowledge for the
successful implementation of the project.
THE KTCM IS A PROMOTER OF POSITIVE ACTION IN EMPLOYMENT AND WE WELCOME
APPLICANTS FROM THE TRAVELLER COMMUNITY.
_SHORTLISTING WILL APPLY_
_For further information and application please call Martin Rafter.
Kilkenny Traveller Community Movement. Co. Kilkenny LEADER
Partnership. 8 Patricks Court. Patrick St. Kilkenny. Tel: **Apply on
the website**. Email: **Apply on the website**
Closing date for applications: 5 pm **Apply on the website**/**Apply
on the website**/**Apply on the website**
Email applications to; **Apply on the website**_
[Kilkenny Community Development Project logos]
We need : English (Good)