Adecco have an exciting opportunity to work on site as a Senior
Calibration Technician for a leading orthopaedic implant manufacturer
based in Cork. This company has a well-established reputation as an
innovator in new product development and have been responsible for
shaping the modern-day orthopaedic market.
Are you an innovative, solution focussed, resilient and motivated
individual? This is the role for you!
In this role you will be responsible for leading the calibration
programme and to maintain calibrations standards at the Cork Facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General duties will revolve around compiling and owning the
Calibration Standard Operating Procedure, ensuring all staff in the
calibration department are adequately trained and supervised,
continuous upskilling, and maintenance of the calibration standards.
This will involve being a good team player and supporting day to day
* Actively promote a safety culture.
* All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental
and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
* Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full
compliance with site safety requirements.
* Identify opportunities to reduce excess equipment within calibration
* Identify methodology where calibration frequency can be reduced,
i.e. extend periods between calibrations
* Manages to Calibration budget monthly and reports to management
* Provide Calibration input into the value stream mapping process
which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
* Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and
the timely closure of actions across the calibration team.
* Provide support to the wider business team in Root Cause Analysis of
calibration and quality issues as they arise through tools such as A3
and Six Sigma.
* Be a good team player/flexible
* Support new team members
* Is open to new ways of doing things, willingness to change
* Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Training, Audit
Actions, **Apply on the website**;s, CAPA**Apply on the
website**;s across the team.
* To represent the calibration department in quality and compliance
* Works to ensure all calibrations are completed on time
* Work with Manager/Team Leader to develop and implement strategic
Calibration Goals & Objectives.
* Identifies scope for improvement and a willingness to get involved
in related projects
* Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound
analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
* Flexible work ethic.
* Strong influencing skills.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
If this is of interest, please get in touch via email
Adecco Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this
We need : English (Good)