Do you have the vision & passion to be a key driver and champion of
supporting people to live self-determined lives?
St Patrick’s Centre has gone through a transition period, we have
moved from a congregated setting to community-based supports which
will enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the
supports and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive
members of their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services
enable a supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision
which is underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are looking for Social Care Workers for **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
HOURS p/week to provide holistic, person-centred care, promoting
optimum independence, enhancing the quality of life for people with
intellectual, physical or sensory disability in all aspects of daily
living. He/she should be flexible in their approach to service
provision and have the ability to work as a team member. He/she will
be required to take an active part in ensuring that day-to-day
operations of the Services reflect the ethos and vision of the St.
Patrick’s Centre, and that the needs of the people supported are
being met through professional work practices.
SALARY SCALE: Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Salary Scale.
* 3rd Level Qualification of at least Level 7 related to Social Care.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Full Clean Drivers Licence Essential
* Strong communication & interpersonal skills
* Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Excellent planning & organisational skills
* Ability to ensure a safe work environment
* Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
* Experience working and supporting people with Intellectual
* Experience of working with persons with behaviours that challenge
* Excellent experience of report writing
* Flexible, Responsible and mature approach to work
* Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA
* Excellent Written, Spoken and Listening skills
* Excellent Problem Solving skills
* Excellent Decision Making skills
* Excellent Leadership skills
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter
to: HR, St Patricks Centre, Unit **Apply on the website**/**Apply on
the website** Danville Business Park, Kilkenny or via email to **Apply
on the website**. Full job description & application form available
from http://www.stpatrickskilkenny.com Enquiries to Adrienne
Hayes or Denise Foran on **Apply on the website** **Apply on the
website**. CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS SUNDAY
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
_WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU_
We need : English (Good)