EMPLOYER: AMACH! LGBT Galway
ABOUT AMACH! LGBT GALWAY
WE aim to reflect equally the diversity within the lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender community by encouraging positive
participation from the community. We actively advocate to achieve a
solid and safe support structure for the LGBT+ community in Galway. We
aim to provide awareness, educational and training events and
workshops, and endeavour to support and promote a socially inclusive
JOB TITLE: Teach Solais Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chairperson, AMACH! LGBT Galway
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate, support and monitor a range of health and wellbeing
activities for the LGBT+ community in Galway City.
* Engage and consult with the LGBT+ community to ensure health and
wellbeing needs are being met.
* Coordinate the implementation of actions focusing on the LGBT+
community under Round 3 of the Healthy Ireland Fund.
* Provide regular progress reports to the Healthy Galway City Sub
Committee of Galway City Local Community Development Committee (LCDC).
* Work with and support AMACH! to develop a sustainability strategy.
* Support the participation of the LGBT+ community in all Healthy
Galway City initiatives.
* Work with the Healthy Galway City Steering Committee in the
development of the programme of work for Round 4 of the Healthy
* Personal experience of volunteering/working within Community
* Excellent IT skills
* Relevant third level qualification.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to network effectively between different organisations.
* Ability to advise, inform, motivate and support individuals and
* Flexible and self-motivated person with the ability to work as
part of a team and use initiative to work on your own.
* A willingness to work alongside volunteers.
* Enthusiasm and drive, friendliness and approachability.
HOURS OF WORK:
**Apply on the website** hours per week.
Out of office hours and at weekend work where necessary.
CONTRACT: 3 month full time contract, start as soon as possible after
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per
This post is funded by the Healthy Ireland Fund supported by the
Department of Health and the Department of Children, Equality,
Disability, Integration and Youth.
For further information about AMACH! LGBT Galway, visit
We need : English (Good)