the TUSLA Education Support Services (TESS). Children and young people
are referred to the Programme through the Intake Framework. The
programme aims to have a significant positive impact on the retention
of young people in primary and particularly second level. The
programme operates in the south side of Limerick city supporting
children from 3 primary and 1 post-primary schools.
We are recruiting 1 fulltime (temporary) project worker to provide
direct support for our target children in our schools, before, during
and after school hours.
The successful applicant will have the following essential
* Education to National Degree standard, preferably in one of the
following areas; Early Years development , special needs education,
creative play/therapy, youth work, social care.
* Minimum of 1 years’ experience of working with young people
within a supportive environment.
* The ideal candidate will have skills and talents outside of their
academic abilities that are transferrable to developing programmes
that will engage students at risk. Desirable skill sets might include
art, sports, music, wellbeing, gardening Rap etc.
* High level of motivation/ability to work on their own initiative.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with appropriate
* Positive and flexible approach to working as part of a team.
* Committed to the purpose of SCP and to work within the values,
policies and procedures of the organisation.
* To act consistently in a professional manner at all time.
In accordance with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and
Vulnerable persons) Acts **Apply on the website** and **Apply on the
website**, Garda Vetting is a standard requirement for the successful
All applicants should send Curriculum Vitae to **APPLY ON THE
Short listing may apply. Two references should be accompanied with the
Closing Date: Monday **Apply on the website**th September **Apply on
the website** @**Apply on the website**p.m.
We need : English (Good)