Applications are invited for the position of Child & Youth Worker as
part of the B&B Outreach Service with Good Shepherd Cork.
The role of the Child and Youth Worker will provide support and
implement interventions with children, teenagers, and young people who
are supported by our B&B Outreach team.
This is a full time vacancy offered on a permanent basis, comprising
**Apply on the website** hours per week, including some weekend and
The position will be based out of the B&B Outreach Service and will
include working in other settings such as B&Bs, emergency
accommodation and other community venues.
Salary will be offered at Point 1 on the Project Worker scale.
REPORTING TO THE CHILD AND YOUTH TEAM LEADER, THE CANDIDATE WILL
REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING:
* A minimum FETAC Level 7 Childcare Qualification or BA in Early
Years Childhood Studies, Social Care Degree, or equivalent
* Minimum one year experience working with vulnerable children,
teenagers, and their parents.
* Have an understanding of the effects of homelessness on the child,
young person and family.
* Have experience working with parents in relation to the child’s
development and well-being.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Establish a caring and supportive relationship with children and
* Support children, with the engagement of their parents, in terms
of their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
* Develop and implement appropriate and agreed care plans with
* Provide one to one and group play sessions with the children.
* Facilitate children to engage in Youth Club and other
child-focused supports provided by GSC and Springboard (Tusla).
* Identify particularly vulnerable children for more therapeutic
support where required.
* Identify, monitor and report concerns in relation to a child’s
development or well-being.
* Liaise with the family about any achievements or concerns in
relation to their child.
* Liaise with other agencies involved in the well-being of children,
For further information on the role please contact: Linda Mulcahy
**Apply on the website**
Application for the position can be made by submitting GSC application
form (attached to this advert) and cover letter by email to **Apply on
Closing date for application is no later than 5PM, FRIDAY **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**TH SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)