JOB TITLE: Day/Night Security Warden
HOURS: Minimum of 2 Night/Day shifts per week on a rolling roster to
include some weekends.
REPORTING TO: Warden Supervisor
DUTIES OF ROLE
* Monitor and protect the security of the premises and maintain a
visible presence on a regular basis ensuring the integrity of the
building is maintained and outlying buildings are secured.
* To be sensitive to residents’ needs and circumstances working
according to Centre’s service delivery model.
* Respond to any emergencies that may arise in a calm and timely
manner assisting night staff in appropriate responses
* To assist in emergencies liaising with Gardaí, medical personnel
and other agencies and ensure a safe environment for residents and
* To ensure all required checklists are completed for all duties
* To liaise with staff in welcoming newly arrived families to parent
and infant unit.
* To assist in ensuring that a positive and homely atmosphere is
maintained in the parent and infant unit whilst adhering to
* Complete any administration and domestic tasks including filing,
photocopying and minor repairs e.g. changing light bulbs, fixing
windows and doors, light cleaning.
* Setting and re-setting any alarms in the buildings as required.
* Keyholder for opening and closing rooms/buildings as required.
* To participate in staff meetings, supervision, training and team
* Any other duties that from time to time may reasonably be
The successful candidate will have an appreciation of team-working and
ability to work sensitively with a vulnerable client group. The
successful applicant will have a personal style that is in line with
the Centre’s vision, values and work practices, particularly someone
who is supportive, responsible, reliable and personable.
* Have security experience
* Experience in use of computers
* Have a clean full driving license
* Ability to engage and work with professionals and vulnerable
people in a professional and sensitive manner
* Ability to remain calm and controlled in all situations.
* Good interpersonal skills and able to interact well with staff and
visitors to Centre
* Ability to use own initiative under supervision within
* Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**.**Apply on the website** per hour
plus premia payments for weekends, etc.
PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER BY POST TO THE BESSBOROUGH CENTRE,
BLACKROCK, CORK OR EMAIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** BY 5PM, **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**TH SEPTEMBER, **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)