DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND TRADE RECONCILIATION FUND **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**. THE PROGRAMME IS NOW RECRUITING FOR A:
PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – FIXED TERM CONTRACT (2 DAYS PER
Longford Women’s Link (lead partner) in partnership with the
Northern Ireland Rural Women’s Network (NIRWN) will implement this
The Programme Development Officer will be responsible for
coordinating the rollout of this one-year programme.
The main objectives of the programme are:
* To engage with women at grassroots level in rural communities in
amplifying their voices on issues impacting or with the potential to
impact themselves and their families.
* To support the development of a keen understanding of pertinent
political issues among women from grassroots organisations.
* To create a community of women equipped to contribute to and
support dialogue relating to our shared future on this island.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The establishment of two regional groupings and delivery of a
needs-based modular programme incorporating civic participation,
advocacy and public speaking. The programme will be delivered using a
blended learning methodology.
* Planning and organising of all programme meetings and events.
* Securing and sustaining the engagement of both internal and
external stakeholders to deliver the project objectives.
* Engage with prospective programme participants across the island
of Ireland in order to deliver the project objectives.
* Ensuring effective and efficient delivery of project
* Developing progress reports and updates as requested.
* Analysis of survey data and evaluations.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as deemed by the
* At least three years’ experience of programme delivery. This will
include planning and organising meetings, events and supporting
* Demonstrable experience of collaboratively working with a variety
of stakeholders such as voluntary organisations in a rural setting.
* Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office
* Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Experience of working to deadlines.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Flexibility to work unsociable hours when required in order to
meet the requirements of the role.
* Applicants must hold a Full Driving Licence with access to a
* An understanding of the issues and barriers facing women who wish
to engage in civil society structures.
* A third level qualification.
* Previous experience in supporting democracy, peace building or
local community work.
* Experience of working on public-funded projects.
PLACE OF WORK
The successful candidate will be employed by Longford Women’s Link.
However the post is based remotely with considerable flexibility.
There will be a certain amount of in-person meetings but the majority
of the programme will be delivered online. We welcome applications
from candidates across the island of Ireland.
Applicants should submit a comprehensive CV together with a cover
letter outlining their suitability for the post to **Apply on the
website** CEO, Longford Women’s Link.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS THURSDAY
SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH AT 5PM
_From Grassroots to Government provides a dedicated space for women
from grassroots organisations and communities, especially in rural
areas, to amplify their voices and perspectives and support them in
engaging as civic society representatives in a post-Brexit landscape.
The programme responds to an identified need for women’s voices to
be present in decision-making spaces together with a need for women to
be supported to be part of meaningful consultation and advocacy
processes in relation to civic society engagement on issues that
impact women, their families and the wider community._
_This project is funded until September **Apply on the website**_
[Longford Women’s Link ]
We need : English (Good)