_CASTLEREA COMMUNITY & FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE INVITES EXPRESSION OF
INTEREST FOR THE POSITION FOR AN INDEPENDENT COUNSELLOR FOR AN ADULT
Castlerea CFRC is a universal service working to strengthen and
empower children, families and the community.
We provide a range a support services to all members of our community.
With the recent Covid **Apply on the website** pandemic we are seeking
a counsellor to roll out a service for adults who may be experiencing
low level anxiety, stress and difficulty in coping with current
restrictions and limitations.
Contract to complete 4 - 6 sessions per week up to a total of **Apply
on the website** hours.
PURPOSE OF THIS PROGRAMME:
Is to provide a safe space for individuals to seek guidance and
support focusing on those who have mild to moderate anxiety and other
mental health issues but especially those who are finding it difficult
to cope with recent Covid **Apply on the website** stressors and other
daily difficulties and experiences. The therapist will encourage and
give confidence to participants to open up and discuss issues,
feelings and emotions. This programme will enable the participants to
identify difficult situations or conditions in their lives, to
acknowledge thoughts, feelings and emotions around these issues,
identify any negative thinking and methods of over – coming such
thoughts. Participants will develop skills and methods to improve
reactions and responses to difficult situations that may arise in the
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Counsellors must have qualified to Diploma level and have full
Accreditation with IACP or IAHIP.
* Proven level of experience in counselling adults, to be able to
offer **Apply on the website**-1 support to parents of young people
and individuals that are experiencing difficulties particularly
relating to Covid **Apply on the website**.
* Experience delivering CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution
Focused Therapy and Brief Intervention Therapy.
* Counsellor will carry out all initial assessments.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Openness to working with a diverse range of adults.
* Capable of working as part of a team.
* Have access to your own supervision support.
* Have valid insurance policy indemnifying Castlerea CFRC.
* Liaise with various referrals agents and take referrals.
* Be flexible in your approach and meeting the needs of the clients.
* Provide a service that complements Castlerea CFRC code of ethics
and practices and your own accrediting body.
* Counsellor will liaise with and contact all clients to arrange
* Counsellor will be responsible to The Board of Directors of
Castlerea Community & Family Resource Centre. The successful candidate
will report to the Project Coordinator.
* Contract will be subject to Garda Vetting and references.
NOTE: This post is not an employment post. The counsellor will be
self-employed, will be paid a fee per session, and will be responsible
for paying his or her own income tax.
Applications to be made by CV and Cover Letter to Aisling Nolan,
Castlerea CFRC, Patrick’s St, Castlerea, Co Roscommon or emailed to
**Apply on the website** no later than **Apply on the website**rd
September **Apply on the website**.
We need : English (Good)