DEPUTY CAFÉ COORDINATOR
Please return a cover letter and completed application form to:
Outhouse Community Resource Centre
**Apply on the website** Capel Street, Dublin 1
**Apply on the website**
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application
Form 6pm Friday, 8th October **Apply on the website**
CV’s will not be considered.
The terms of our funding stipulate that the successful candidate for
this post must be in receipt of a payment from the Department of
OVERVIEW: Outhouse is a community and resource centre owned by and
operating on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender
(LGBT) community. Outhouse Mission is to provide a safe space that
facilitates and encourages the growth of services and supports to the
LGBT community. The Centre provides a ‘safe space’ for people to
meet, build friendships, and develop support networks and interest
groups within a stated and practiced ethos of respect.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Responsible for the day to day operation of the café including
providing an integrated catering service primarily in the evening and
at weekends. To provide a continuation of the daytime professional
service and maintain an environment that is welcoming to existing and
* Evening / Weekend operation and development of the café.
* Achieve increased Café social usage and revenues.
* Develop a self-sustaining Café
* Food Preparation, hygiene, Health and Safety.
* Café staffing
* Maintaining a welcoming, safe and well-run cafe for Outhouse
services users / user groups, including catering for internal events.
* Increase customer numbers by providing a continuous quality
service for all service users and working with the Café Coordinator
(and other staff) to create additional social events evening /
weekends. Increase the appeal and profile of the cafe in the wider
community by building community relationships
* Assist the Café Coordinator and Operations and Development
Manager to plan, implement and evaluate the cafe on a regular basis in
order that the cafe: continues to provide a healthy and varied menu,
is run professionally and profitably and has procedures in place to
facilitate its efficient running.
* Strict adherence to Outhouse Café Policy and Procedures.
Maintenance of required records of all income and expenditure and
related documentation. Undertake weekly stock-takes. Liaise closely
with the Café Coordinator and Operations and Development Manager to
monitor café financial performance.
* Ensure the café is operated in compliance with HACCP, HSE
environmental health guidelines and all Outhouse Policies and
* Supervision and routine training of Café CE staff and Café
* Any other duties that may be required
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED FOR ROLE
* Proven skills working with diverse communities and individuals
* Background and interest in catering / food industry
* Customer service skills
* Budgetary and financial skills.
* Good understanding of the principles of food hygiene and
* Good understanding of hygiene, health and safety procedures
* Strong demonstrable interpersonal skills (staff and volunteers).
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously.
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
* Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post
SALARY & HOURS: Salary is €**Apply on the website**.**Apply on the
website** p/hour working **Apply on the website** hours p/week
PLACE OF WORK: The place of work shall be Outhouse, **Apply on the
website** Capel Street, Dublin 1.
TERM: 1 year renewable contract (including 6 month probationary
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 6PM FRIDAY
8TH OCTOBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
* Outhouse CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes
applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity,
family status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability or
* Please complete this form in black or blue ink or type.
* CV's or similar unsolicited material will not be accepted in place
of or in addition to completed application forms.
* Please read this form and any additional information carefully.
Applicants will be short-listed only if they demonstrate that they
meet all of the essential qualifications. If you believe you meet
these, you must adequately demonstrate this in the space provided.
* We regret that it is not possible to provide individualised
feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and
we kindly request that you do not call or email seeking feedback.
Feedback is available for candidates called to interview.
We need : English (Good)