ALUMNI RELATIONS AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER FOR COLLEGE OF SOCIAL
SCIENCES - MATERNITY COVER
UCD Foundation engages in communications, events, volunteering and
fundraising activities with alumni to support UCD in its pursuit of
world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges
and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
An opportunity has arisen within UCD Foundation for an Alumni
Relations and Fundraising Officer for the period of ten months to
cover maternity leave, for the College of Social Sciences with a
particular focus on engaging Social Sciences alumni globally.
The College of Social Sciences is the leading centre for education and
research in the social sciences and related disciplines in Ireland.
There are ten Schools in the College which includes Archaeology,
Economics, Education, Geography, Information and Communication
Studies, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Psychology,
Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice, and Sociology.
Graduates from the College are a diverse community of more than 8,
**Apply on the website** innovative, influential professionals who
shape and change the world for the better.
To forge strong mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, donors
and friends from Social Sciences, with success measured through
attainment of KPI’s demonstrating improved engagement (data,
fundraising, volunteering, communications, attendance at virtual and
physical events) of relationships with key stakeholders for the
College and Schools.
The relationship with our alumni starts with our students the day they
enter UCD, you will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive
global alumni engagement strategy aimed at the full life cycle of our
alumni aligned with the student experience and career development
objectives of the College and the wider University.
In line with the above, you will work closely with the Data Team to
build contactable information of alumni and to proactively build
relationships with a strong network of alumni who will re-engage with
the College by attending events, volunteering their time, giving
philanthropically and engaging with online and offline communications.
You will also grow the Regular Giving fundraising programme by
identifying and cultivating highly engaged alumni to create a
sustainable pipeline of donors.
Reporting directly into the Associate Director of Alumni Relations you
will create and maintain close working relationships with colleagues
in the College of Social Sciences. This will include the College
Principal, Heads of School, and Marketing Manager, support staff and
other key internal UCD stakeholders, such as UCD Career Development
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
_IMPLEMENTATION OF ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY_
* Implement a multi-channel alumni relations engagement strategy
including a comprehensive events calendar, volunteering activities and
* Participate and contribute to the Alumni Engagement Group, a pan
University working group, responsible for driving global alumni
* To establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of
alumni, locally, nationally and internationally.
* To build on key relationships within the College, Schools, and
* To promote the alumni community to current students, staff and
other key stakeholders
* Manage and build on the existing volunteer engagement programme for
the College in key regions. Create online and offline opportunities
for volunteering through careers-based volunteering roles such as
mentorships and internships, and other volunteering opportunities.
* Support the employability of students and alumni from the College
of Social Sciences:
* Gather and communicate testimonials to showcase career
* Organise career panels for students
* Support the career mentoring programme
* Help to source internship opportunities for students via alumni
_EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT_
* Supporting College specific events (physical and virtual) and
pan-University events, to ensure the College of Social Sciences is
showcased and alumni engagement is maximised. Events include: the UCD
Festival; the UCD Alumni Awards; International Women’s Day; Women In
Leadership Conference; UCD Alumni Book Club; the UCD: In Conversation
series and UCD Employability series.
* Support School specific alumni engagement events with a particular
focus on developing a reunion plan for the Schools within the College
of Social Sciences.
* Coordination of all alumni tailored communications and where
relevant coordinate with colleagues across the University through the
UCD Alumni Engagement Group. Build on existing comms plan and innovate
to find new ways to connect with alumni.
* Collaborate on the delivery of global alumni engagement through a
variety of engagement tools with support from the Global Alumni
Relations Coordinator and the Alumni Network online platform.
* Work with the in-house data team to ensure accurate and complete
alumni database records; gather accurate and complete alumni details;
capture quality contact data, biographical and career information of
alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
* Leverage the increased alumni engagement from your activity in
order to devise, implement and drive fundraising at a Regular Giving
and mid-level to create a pipeline of new donors for the College of
Social Sciences, with the support of the Regular Giving Team.
* Collaborate closely with Development Colleagues to create a
pipeline of new donors for the College of Social Sciences.
The suitable candidate will possess the following experience and
* A minimum of three years’ experience in event management, direct
marketing and mass communications, preferably in Alumni
* Significant relationship management experience with stakeholders
at various levels.
* A high degree of computer literacy and experience of using a CRM
* Highly developed organisational and multi-tasking skills, paying
attention to detail.
* Understanding of online engagement strategies.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* A proven track record in cross department collaboration.
* Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to challenging
deadlines and KPI’s, feeding into monthly, quarterly and annual
* Motivated, flexible and ability to use initiative and adapt to
changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills.
* A third level qualification in a related area.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
You will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced organisation with an
entrepreneurial and inclusive culture where you will work within a
tight and collaborative team. UCD Foundation has a structured formal
and informal training programme that all staff may avail of.
You will receive formal/informal training in the following:
* Alumni Relations Best Practice
* Comprehensive handover from the Alumni Relations Officer before
maternity leave begins
This position is for a ten month maternity leave contract, interested
applicants should apply with CV and cover letter by emailing **Apply
on the website** before Wednesday **Apply on the website** June
**Apply on the website**.
For further information on the work we do, please visit:
We need : English (Good)