Limerick Youth Service is a voluntary Youth Work Organisation whose
mission is: _“CONNECTING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE AND SUPPORTING THEM TO
REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.”_
Limerick Youth Service wish to recruit for the following position to
deliver the Ability Programme for Limerick Metropolitan area.
ABILITY PROJECT COORDINATOR (**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
(MATERNITY COVER) (AUGUST)
The Limerick Ability Project will support Young People **Apply on the
website** years in the Limerick Metropolitan district, in need of
employability support, who have; a diagnosis of ASD, a mental health
condition, a learning disability or Hidden disability. The aim of the
project is to support Young People with disabilities in the Limerick
Metropolitan area, to access the world of work and create meaningful
The PROJECT COORDINATOR will be responsible for the overall
development, implementation & evaluation of the project. The
Coordinator will lead referral processes, recruitment of participants,
assessment and exit strategies. The Coordinator will also be a vital
link with partner organisations and the involvement of additional
sectors / expertise in the project. They will be involved in building
an awareness of the Ability project across all relevant stakeholders
(including employers). This role will also ensure best practice in the
professional support and supervision of the staff team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Suitable candidates must have:
* A recognised qualification in occupational therapy, mental health,
psychotherapy, counselling, social sciences (e.g. social care, or
related), (Candidates with sufficient relevant work experience may
also be considered in lieu of relevant qualification)
* A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar or
* Experience of working with young people with a disability and/or
young people with mental health difficulties.
* An awareness of and familiarity with the issues relating to the
barriers that young people with disability can face in progressing
education, training or employment.
* Experience of managing / administrating interagency programmes.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise
with a wide range of contacts to build and maintain effective working
* Evidence of the production of high quality plans, reports and
* Proficient in dealing with standard MS word and data processing,
spreadsheet and communication packages
* Experience of data management and CRM Systems.
* A current full driving license and access to own transport.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered eligible for the above vacancy interested candidates
must complete an application form. A job description and application
form can be downloaded online at
We need : English (Good)