_MISSIONARY SISTERS OF THE HOLY ROSARY_
THE MISSIONARY SISTERS OF THE HOLY ROSARY BROOKVILLE, ARTANE, IS AN
ASSISTED LIVING ENVIRONMENT PROVIDING CARE AND SUPPORT TO RETIRED
SISTERS RETURNED FROM THE MISSIONS.
JOB TITLE: _HOME CARER: PERMANENT FULL TIME_
JOB LOCATION: Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary
POSITION: HOME CARER: _PERMANENT FULL TIME_
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR HOME CARER AT MSHR
Purpose of the Carer Role: The role of the Carer is to support the
sisters to live valued lives in a supported living setting. To
facilitate optimal independence and participation in activities within
their home and community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED OF THE HOME CARER:
* To provide high quality care and support to all of the sisters.
* Provide personal care, general bedroom maintenance and attend to
the needs of the sisters.
* Maintain daily individual personal care records of each sister
being cared for and make available to other carers as appropriate.
* Assist and support with medication distribution
* Provide companionship and contribute to the social needs of the
individual sisters, mindful of their routines and interests and help
them maintain a quality of life.
* Drive and accompany sisters on appointments, errands and social
outings as needed.
* Maintain the security and safety of the individual sisters in your
care at all times.
* Work as a member of the team and attend team meetings as needed.
* Attend regular supervision and performance review with the
* Attend to light housekeeping duties as needed.
* Attend training, learning and development courses as needed.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, COMPETENCIES
AND QUALIFICATIONS TO MEET THE EVER-GROWING DEMANDS OF THE ROLE:
* Applicants should preferably have previous care-work experience,
preferably within a Residential Healthcare setting.
* Minimum of a Fetac Level 5.
* Enthusiastic, Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and open to change.
* A good Team Player
* Good inter-personal and communication skills
* Have a full current clean driving licence.
HOURS OF WORK:
* As outlined in the contract.
Successful Candidates Subject to Garda Vetting and 6 months probation.
Names of two referees required.
_PLEASE SEND CV AND COVER-LETTER TO_ : **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)