JOB TITLE: PROJECT WORKER
LOCATION: D**Apply on the website** Community Addiction Team
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week. Some out of hours work
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY : **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** per annum
PURPOSE: To provide quality service to clients and
families/significant others in accordance with best practice in the
area of case management, group therapy, psycho-social workshops, and
formal / informal interactions with clients
CONTACT EMAIL: **Apply on the website**
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing
community, day and residential services to men and women with
problematic substance use and their families in Ireland established
since **Apply on the website**. Coolmine Therapeutic Community
believes that everyone should have the opportunity to overcome
addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
We now have a vacancy for Project Worker. The successful candidate
will report to Team Leader to provide quality service to clients,
families and significant others in accordance with best practice in
the area of case management, group therapy, psycho-social workshops,
and formal and informal interactions with clients.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* Engage with and build trusting relationships with all clients
treated with dignity and respect at all times in order to promote and
motivate clients towards full recovery, while working within the ACI
and Coolmine code of ethics as well as the overall values of Coolmine.
* Ensuring all relevant documentation, filing, statistics and
paperwork are in line with the aims and standards of the project.
Provide 1:2:1 support for clients, consulting with them and enabling
them towards positive career plans and a healthy lifestyle.
* Carry out thorough assessments of client needs, identify and
develop care plans within an ongoing key working system to identify
and review the needs of the clients in order to allow them to make
informed decisions regarding their care plans.
* Build good working relationships with other agencies.
* Make appropriate referrals to all internal and external services
including: initial assessment; primary treatment plan; process the
collections of client urines for testing.
* Facilitate group therapy sessions psycho-educational workshops,
community meetings, formal and informal gatherings, and community
handovers, etc, in a professional and ethical manner and in accordance
with Coolmine Therapeutic Community’s standard operational policies
* Perform as a full team member supporting colleagues, participating
in effective team meetings, attending supervision, and client case
reviews and being open to reasonable requests from manager in order to
ensure effective working relationships.
* Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and standard
operating procedures relating to fire procedures, maintenance,
critical incidents, safety for staff, etc. to ensure the effective
safety and well-being of all clients and staff.
* Work within the policies of Coolmine Therapeutic Community in
order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service, quality
standards and best practice are adhered to at all times.
* Minimum of FETAC level 7 or equivalent in addition studies or
related field or working towards.
* Recognised diploma in counselling or addiction studies.
* Working towards IAAAC accreditation.
* Two to three years’ experience working within the drug and
* Can understand the dynamics and interface between the individual
and the community.
* Experience working with Marginalised groups.
* Experience in Harm reduction.
* Experience of the implementation and evaluation of care
* Experience in Group facilitation
* Has experience and understands the importance and implications of
working as part of a team.
* Experience working with marginalised groups.
_KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS_
* Has excellent communication and listening skills.
* Enjoys working with people, is approachable, and demonstrates warm
and friendly mannerisms.
* Is clear and explicit about professional and personal boundaries.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Clear written and verbal communication skills
* High IT literacy skills.
* Have a “can do” attitude and a positive solution focused
approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
* Demonstrates dignity and respect for self and others at all times.
* Is open to appropriate challenges and confrontation from clients
at the required time and place and is open to feedback and appraisal
from colleagues and management.
* Is not afraid or unwilling to take on the work or responsibilities
that are expected from a client resident.
* Capacity to work effectively under pressure
* Committed to meeting the needs of excluded and marginalised
* Successful candidate would be engaged in recording the NDTRS forms
and recording on ECASS.
* Prepare the clients to move to the programs which will include:
* Signpost to external agencies when appropriate
* Residential treatment.
* Open to have a day of outreach in the community.
* Committed to follow up with probation services.
* Have capacity to attend a considerable number of phone calls and
* Have a knowledge of the Dublin **Apply on the website** area.
* Have a knowledge of the impact on family’s affected by substance
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements
should send their CV & cover letter to Justinah Bello, HR Generalist
at **Apply on the website**.
The closing date for applications is 5PM ON FRIDAY 3RD JULY, **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**.
_COOLMINE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)