STUDIO 3 KERRY
Studio 3 Kerry promote cultures that focus on wellbeing. We help to
create a safe and restriction free world where people with differing
abilities can live fulfilled and meaningful lives.
Studio 3 Kerry are committed to delivering an individualized bespoke
individual centered service in the individual’s own home and
community that aims to specifically cater for their needs, empowering
them to participate and live a full and satisfied life as an equal
citizen in the community, in the vicinity of and with the partnership
of their family.
Studio 3 Kerry are committed to respecting the needs and wishes of the
individual we support, working with and valuing input from the
individual’s family and working collaboratively and with complete
equality and respect whenever and wherever possible whilst also
recognising the need to adhere to all legal frameworks and follow good
Studio 3 Kerry are passionate about the use of The Low Arousal
Approach in Managing Behaviour that challenges.
[Studio 3 Kerry]
Studio 3 Kerry is a unique partnership between the people we support,
their families, and the teams supporting them. Each part of this
partnership is valued and seen as positive.
JOB DESCRIPTION: KEY SUPPORTER
LOCATION: TRALEE, CO KERRY
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK EXCLUDING TRAVEL TIME TO AND
FROM NORMAL PLACE OF WORK
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** DAYS HOLIDAY PER YEAR EXCLUDING PUBLIC
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
Under the supervision of the Practitioner Psychologist and the Project
Coordinator the Key Supporter shall be responsible for the
implementation and coordination of a bespoke service according to the
unique needs of each individual accessing our services. The Key
Supporter will work in partnership with the individual we support, the
individual’s family, with the clinical team and the project
coordinator to assist the staff team in mapping, developing and
coordinating a bespoke service for the people who access our service.
The Key Supporter will provide direct support to people in the their
own home and community and will aim to specifically cater for their
needs, empowering them to participate and live a full and satisfied
life as an equal citizen in the community, in the vicinity of and with
the partnership of their family.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* You will carefully develop a relationship with the individual you
support to ensure that their needs are being met and their voice is
central to their service.
* You will work together with the family to ensure that they become
a positive resource within the service that is valued and respected.
* You will be responsible for implementing care plans developed by
the clinical team.
* You will also be responsible for the research, implementation and
organisation of various aspects of people’s support service
including but not limited to health, activities, home life, social
* You will be responsible for budgeting, sticking within a budget
and sending monthly budget reports to the Project Coordinator.
* You will be expected to manage rosters and arrange cover as/when
* You will work both independently and as part of a team, in a
variety of different settings, including in the individual’s home
and in the community.
* Plan and develop structures and routines in line with the service
user’s wishes and HSE policy and use the PERMA model and positive
psychology to guide your plans.
* You will provide support to vulnerable individuals who have a
range of different needs, such as autism, learning disabilities,
medical conditions or physical disabilities following the Studio 3
ethos and mandate.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Experience of helping people with different abilities engage in the
* Confidence in your ability to manage challenging situations and be
passionate about the Low Arousal Approach
* Understanding of the challenges faced by individuals with autism
* Skills and experience that may inspire and motivate a person with
an autism spectrum diagnosis
* A positive attitude that promotes stress reduction
* A creative and resourceful work ethic
* A sense of fun
* Understand and respect the contribution of families in the
provision of a service for their loved one
* A full clean driving licence is vital for this role.
The position is a permanent position following successful completion
of a three-month probationary period.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to **Apply on the website** and
put KEY SUPPORTER in the Subject box.
For a copy of the full job description please email us on the above
Closing date for applications is when filled.
We need : English (Good)