invites applications for the position of part time Project Worker.
This is a fixed term contract for **Apply on the website** hours per
week and is from Sept **Apply on the website** to May **Apply on the
The School Completion Programme supports children and young people
both in and out of school to remain in Education. Its aim is to
improve school attendance, participation and retention.
The project worker will work alongside the Coordinator providing
support to children and young people in school, after school and
during school holidays in Ballyboden and Ballinteer.
The position will be based in two schools; Scoil Mhuire Ballyboden and
Ballinteer Community School.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
* A third level qualification in Social care/ social science,
Youth/community work, Education or a related discipline.
* Ability to develop and deliver programmes to meet the needs of
children and young people.
* Experience of working with young people within a supportive
environment either in one to one or group settings.
* Experience of working with families and young people at risk.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Reasonable knowledge of technology.
* A good understanding of the Irish education system.
* To report and work under the direction of the Coordinator.
* Provide direct support to the children and young people under the
School Completion programme and develop appropriate interventions.
* Assist in the organisation and delivery of in school, out of
school, after school and holiday time supports for the targeted young
* Liaise with the relevant agencies with regard to families and
* Comply with Tusla guidelines in relation to report writing/
planning and record keeping.
* Facilitate a breakfast club for a group of children in Primary
school every day.
* Facilitate a weekly break and homework club for Second level
* Provide direct support to children and young people under the
school completion programme
* Candidates must have a clean driving licence and use of a car
* Salary is based on the CDYSB youth worker scale and candidates
must be available to work mornings.
Please apply via email with a cover letter and C.V. to **Apply on the
website** by 5pm Wednesday the 1st of July **Apply on the website**
Interviews for this position will be held on August **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)