This position reports to the CEO of the Asthma Society, or any other
staff member or member of the Board as designated by the CEO or Chair
of the Board.
The purpose of the position is to pro-actively manage the Society’s
finances, including forecasting, monitoring and reporting all income
and expenditure, ensuring that the good work of the Society can
The position involves working very closely with the CEO and is
responsible for leading on the following tasks and activities:
MANAGEMENT AND CHANGE
* Playing a key role in the management team of the Asthma Society,
including identifying key changes to compliance and finance processes
and using change management and leadership to implement same.
* Regular reporting to the Audit, Risk and Finance Committee and to
the Board on identified organisational priorities.
* Key relationship management and liaising with the Society’s
audit, risk and finance committee, the treasurer, and auditors.
* Drafting of finance and compliance related board papers.
PAYMENT AND FINANCIAL PROCESSING
* Oversight of processing and recording all monies received by the
Society, including donations and grant payments.
* Ensuring compliance with all Asthma Society policies and key
external best practise code are met (Charities Regulator, Charities
Institute, and IPHA guidelines).
* Oversight of all processes involving the following - checking,
processing and recording all payments, administering invoices and
expenses claims received, coding items to agreed budgets, and making
payments – all with the assistance of a Finance Assistant.
* Managing the Society’s bank accounts, monitoring cash flows and
performing bank reconciliations (or checking and supervision of same)
– key administrative contact for all banks and finance functions.
* Accurate maintenance of the accounts system and supporting records
to allow transparent reporting on unrestricted and restricted funds.
* Ensuring that all statutory requirements of the organisation are
met including taxation, charitable (Revenue and CRA) and other legal
* Ensuring the financial reporting requirements of the Society’s
grant agreements are met.
* Managing the monthly payroll process (administered by outsourcing
agent) to ensure full responsibility for staff being paid on time.
* Credit control.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS, BUDGETING AND REPORTING
* Recording, monitoring and analysing income and expenditure on a
programme-by-programme and on an ongoing basis.
* Assisting the CEO and Board with budget management, projections,
and cash flow monitoring.
* Ensuring all grant applications are fully costed, including
* Producing monthly management accounts and other financial reports.
* Administering the Society’s fundraising initiatives, in
conjunction with the Fundraising Manager.
* Line Manager duties in respect of Finance Assistant – close
project related work with Governance and Operations Manager.
* Taking ownership of, and project management of specific work
projects as they arise.
* Other duties appropriate to the post.
ROUTINE AND PROJECT WORK IS EXPECTED TO INCLUDE:
* Creation of monthly accounts and managing alterations to the report
structure for the Board and CEO
* Managing account analysis regarding fundraising and income streams
and working collaboratively with the fundraising department
* Managing changes to cost allocation and coding
* Managing P&L accounts per programme
* Overseeing the audit process
* Developing improved annual projections and cash flow monitoring
* Implementing changes to budgeting for programmes and annual
budgeting of the operational plan
* Carrying out Pobal and other relevant statutory returns
* Contributing to the development of annual reports
The list of duties is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
You will be required to be flexible and to undertake other duties as
may reasonably be assigned to you by the CEO of the Society, relevant
to the post.
The Finance and Compliance Manager role is part-funded by Pobal under
its SSNO programme.
Candidates interested in applying for this role are requested to
submit their CV and Cover Letter to **Apply on the website** by
1.**Apply on the website** p.m. on Thursday 8th July.
_This job description is intended as a summary of the primary
responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job
description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual
in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to
do either now or in the future._
_THE ASTHMA SOCIETY OF IRELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
We need : English (Good)