SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
JOB TITLE: Social Care Workers in Residential Services supporting
individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual
Disabilities. (Ref to be quoted on applications: (Ref SCWR**Apply on
JOB LOCATION(S): Kilkenny City Residential Locations
REPORTING TO: Residential Manager / Team Leader
CONTRACT TYPE/HOURS: Opportunities for Full and Part time positions.
Relief positions also available
HOURS: Max **Apply on the website** hours per week - Shift, Evening,
Overnight and Weekend work are required in these positions
SALARY: Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Rate.
_(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide
to the role)._ Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist the
people we support to lead a full life as contributing members in their
* Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that
service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and
develop the service.
* Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
* To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture
of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
* To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home
_EDUCATION & TRAINING:_
* Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing, Youth and Community
Studies, Psychology or Social Work or other relevant qualification at
* Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs
a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person
_KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:_
* Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with
* Knowledge of Health Act **Apply on the website**, HIQA and
* Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop
positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular
the people we support.
* Computer literacy
* Full Driving Licence is desirable.
_COMPETENCIES AND VALUES:_
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website** Closing date for receipt of applications is
Friday 3rd July **Apply on the website**. PLEASE NOTE THAT
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF THE ABOVE REFERENCE IS NOT
We need : English (Good)