SALARY: €**Apply on the website**K to €**Apply on the website**K
(depending on experience)
HOURS: Full time (min **Apply on the website** hours)
CLOSE OF APPLICATIONS: **Apply on the website**st July **Apply on the
INTERVIEWS: Week of **Apply on the website**th August **Apply on the
ReCreate is a Social Enterprise which opened its doors in Ballymount,
Dublin **Apply on the website** in **Apply on the website** and since
then has scaled up significantly with the support of very dedicated
staff, founding organisations, key funders, a large number of
suppliers and supporters.
We are looking for an innovative and strategic leader to help bring
our social enterprise to a new level of development and growth.
Candidates will have a deep understanding of the social enterprise
sector in Ireland and a firm commitment to the goals of the
organisation in order to deliver the right combination of strategic
and hands on approach.
ReCreate has recently completed a strategic review which will see us
focus on the value of curiosity and its key role in the future of
Ireland. As we enter this exciting new phase, we are looking for
someone to drive this ambitious goal along with a geographical scaling
of our impact.
The role of the Chief Executive Officer will be to lead, develop and
manage ReCreate during a very exciting phase in its development. The
Chief Executive reports to the Board of Directors and leads a talented
team covering arts and creativity, membership, communications,
warehouse and distribution, finance and administration functions.
The Chief Executive will have the overall responsibility for the
development, implementation and continual review of the
organisation’s Strategic Plan while leading the delivery of services
and operations in full compliance with all legal and statutory
frameworks. The remit of Chief Executive is broad with respect to the
day to day activities.
OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
* Prepare future strategic plans and annual budgets for approval by
the Board of Directors
* To lead the drive for new members and ensure that renewal targets
* Operate within annual budget and ensure management and HR policies
are up to date and in use
* Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation’s
impact and financial health
* Ensure the effective and smooth operation of the social enterprise
* Lead staff to deliver on the Strategic Plan and the Board’s
priorities and policies
* Manage the appraisal and development of Staff to maximise their
potential and use resources to the best advantage
POLICY AND REPRESENTATION
* Represent the organisation in the media and public domain
* Build relationships with relevant politicians, media, government
officials and statutory bodies, voluntary bodies, private businesses
and other external stakeholders
* Responsible for sourcing ongoing core funding for the organisation
* Prepare and provide an annual report for ReCreate
* Supply reports to the Board and attend Board meetings
* Ensure the Social Enterprise fulfils its legal, contractual,
statutory and regulatory responsibilities
* Deliver the organisation’s business plan and, if necessary, help
the organisation to win contracts from public or funding bodies.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
* Applicants will have a relevant third level qualification, ideally
to Masters level, in business or marketing as well as a number of
years’ experience in a senior management role in a similar size
COMMUNICATION AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS SKILLS
* Good Verbal and written communication skills, including ability to
develop funding proposals
* Ability to communicate relevant information to all stakeholders to
increase awareness and understanding of the importance and impact of
* Ability to network and build relationships with key target
MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience managing teams and team workloads
* Strong Financial Management Skills and experience
* Good experience in the community and voluntary sector at a senior
* Self-starter with initiative and drive and an ability to work
independently, think creatively and identify opportunities.
* Self-motivated with high level of organisational ability, accuracy
and attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
* Proven ability to meet targets
* Diplomatic and tactful with the ability to build and maintain
relationships with a diverse range of people
* A team player with an open and flexible attitude
* Strong empathy with and commitment to the ReCreate’s goals.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position please submit a copy of YOUR FULL CURRICULUM
VITAE with a LETTER OF MOTIVATION outlining why you are the right
person for this role.
Application must be submitted to **Apply on the website**
Applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
The closing date for application is 5.**Apply on the website**pm on
Friday, **Apply on the website**st July **Apply on the website**. For
informal enquiries about the role you may contact **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)