In **Apply on the website**, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York
World**Apply on the website**;s Fair to promote his new invention.
Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the
retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in
that moment, one man changed the world**Apply on the website**;s
perspective on what**Apply on the website**;s possible, sending it
This piece of recruitment will be progressing, despite the challenges
of the COVID-**Apply on the website** crisis, and we will use virtual
recruitment methods where appropriate.
What are we looking for?
Otis Elevator Company are now seeking to recruit a customer focused
and resourceful Project Manager, with extensive construction industry
experience and ideally possessing knowledge of the Lift and Escalator
sector. This position will be based out of Dublin and will manage
projects across ROI and NI.
To be considered you will have:
* A proven track record of successfully delivering technical projects
within the construction industry
* Strong financial control and experience using Microsoft Projects (or
* Acute commercial awareness and be able to read and interpret sales
orders and contracts
* A working knowledge of Health & Safety and correct Working
* The ability to communicate effectively with clients, engineers and
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the strategic aspects of multiple site and projects up to
* Working closely with multiple project teams to mitigate any risk
* Defining project objectives
* Forecasting & reporting
* Undertaking effective day-to-day management of the projects and
ensuring that projects run to time and budget
* Taking full profit and loss responsibility, being able to scrutinize
* Delivering operational performance excellence and customer
* Providing engineering support and improved profitability
To be successful in this role you will:
* Have a strong and demonstrable background in Project Management,
ideally within the Lift Industry or similar allied trade (I.e.
Construction or M&E environment)
* Hold relevant Project Management qualifications
* Possess experience in managing large scale projects
Your personal traits are also important to us and therefore you will
be a highly effective communicator, who can be assertive when required
and understands the importance of meeting deadlines whilst ensuring
effective customer service. You will also be commercially astute with
the ability to maximise profitable revenue and be able to deliver
results in a customer facing capacity where long term relationship
building is key. You will be highly organised, IT literate and able to
thrive in a large complex demanding organisation.
What can we offer you?
* Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Vehicle/ Allowance + Benefits
* The chance to work for an industry leading company and a global
* The opportunity to work in a key, visible role which is critical to
the success of the organization
* Ownership of delivery and autonomy to develop and execute processes
More about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world**Apply on the website**;s largest
manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including
elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Otis is a wholly owned
subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation. Headquartered in
Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than **Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website** people, offers products and
services in more than **Apply on the website** countries and
territories and maintains more than 1.**Apply on the website** million
lifts and escalators worldwide.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development
of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression
and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and
appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas,
perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture
of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications
from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally
assessed and selected based on objective criteria
We need : English (Good)