RESPOND IS THE LARGEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION IN IRELAND PROVIDING SOCIAL
HOUSING AND HOMELESS SERVICES. OUR VISION IS THAT ‘EVERY FAMILY AND
INDIVIDUAL IN IRELAND WILL HAVE HIGH-QUALITY HOUSING AS PART OF A
VIBRANT AND CARING COMMUNITY’. WE ARE GROWING RAPIDLY IN RESPONSE TO
THE HOUSING CRISIS AND ARE NOW LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON WHO HAS
THE PASSION AND SKILLS TO HELP US REALISE OUR VISION.
ROLE: IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
REPORTING TO: Terms: IT Manager
CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract – Full Time (Mon to Fri)
JOB PURPOSE: To support the existing hardware, software and
communication systems and the deployment of new technologies.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To communicate with internal staff and external suppliers and
contractors to support the functional organisational needs.
* Provide telephone and remote support for employees needing help
with technical issues
* Provide information or guidance notes to employees to ensure best
practice use of existing technologies and systems.
* To record communications with staff, suppliers and colleagues on a
helpdesk system to provide continuity of support to users and to
facilitate escalation of calls to colleagues or external suppliers
* Work closely with colleagues to ensure swift resolution of
employee support issues
* Perform software configuration and hardware configuration repairs.
* Implement new information systems or deploy replacement or new
technologies for specific departments
* Manage Asset Management system by recording and keeping up-to-
date information on all IT assets.
* Maintain and support all IT hardware in the organisation.
* Escalate issues to colleagues or third party suppliers where
* Monitor server activity, network activity, security activity,
backup activity and disk usage to ensure continuity of service to
users; to engage in preventative maintenance or works and to escalate
to colleagues or your manager’s issues of importance.
* Implement security measures to safeguard information in IT systems
against unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure through
the regular daily monitoring of Anti-virus and Anti-spam software
* Manage complex tasks across the organisation related to technology
upgrades or replacement
* Provide written guidance notes to users on common error or issues
and conduct training or workshops with users on common issues.
* Working outside of normal working hours will be required. Officers
are expected to provide on-call cover overnight and at weekends on a
rota basis to ensure continuity of business operations.
* Build good relationships and effective co-operation with relevant
* Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
* Outstanding customer service and interaction skills.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as
* Proven track record of effective working in a technical customer
facing team environment
* Proven experience in a Microsoft environment, to include the
* Desktop operating systems to include Windows 8/**Apply on the
* Office **Apply on the website**, **Apply on the website**,**Apply
on the website**
* Office **Apply on the website**
* Active Directory and Group Policies,
* Windows Server **Apply on the website**/**Apply on the website**
* Virtualisation technologies especially Hyper V
* Software installation and configuration.
* Desktop Installations
* Network support
* Phone System Management preferably Avaya IP Office desirable.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and technical
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure
* Proven ability to act on own initiative
* Full driving license and access to car
* FETAC Level 7 or Level 8 degree in IT or related discipline
desirable, or equivalent work experience
* Microsoft accredited certifications in the technologies outlined
TO APPLY: Please email CV and cover letter **Apply on the
website** clearly stating which position is being applied for.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**TH JULY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)