NORTH WEST PARENTS AND FRIENDS ASSOCIATION
_North West Parents and Friends Association is a Voluntary
Organisation providing person centred services for children and adults
with special needs and their families._
JOB TITLE: CARE ASSISTANTS
CONTRACT: PERMANENT & LOCUM
To work with Adults with varying degrees of Intellectual Disability /
Autism in Day / Residential Services. Successful candidates will be
expected to work hours which may include day time hours, evenings,
night duty and/or sleepover duty to include weekends. Hours of work
* Health Care – FETAC Level 5 Qualification / Social Studies FETAC
Level 5 Qualification.
* Experience of working with Adults and/or Children with
* Full Clean Drivers licence and willing to drive the company
* Person Centred Planning.
* Assessment and Management of Risk.
* Knowledge of HIQA regulations and New Directions.
* Safeguarding of Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse training,
First Aid training, Moving and Handling training, Food Hygiene
training, Children First training, Medication Management training.
* Knowledge/experience of Menu Planning and household budgeting.
* Computer Skills.
Applicants for all positions must supply suitable references and be
prepared to complete a Garda Vetting Form. For more information on our
Services please visit
We need : English (Good)