(FULL TIME POSITION – **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
Childworld Creche is a purpose-built community based childcare service
in Limerick city offering care for children **Apply on the website**½
years on a full and sessional basis. The creche is part of Our Lady of
Lourdes Community Services Group which is managed by the group CEO and
governed by a voluntary board of directors. A range of community-based
supports are offered to the community including youth activities,
senior provision, adult education, Etc.
Our fantastic childcare service has a really great team of
professional staff who serve our wonderful children! We are now
recruiting for a pool of potential TEAM LEADERS who will continue the
upward trajectory of our childcare facility and make it one of the
leading such facilities in the country. Do you have what it takes to
be one of our next TEAM LEADERS?
The role of the TEAM LEADER will be to provide the highest standards
of professional supervision and management and will also be
responsible for the day to day running of a key section of our creche.
The TEAM LEADER will ensure that the welfare of children using the
service is paramount and that the needs of children are met. The TEAM
LEADER will report daily to the EY Manager/Creche Manager. The ideal
* Be FETAC Level 6 or higher in Early Childhood Care and Education
* Be committed to supporting children’s rights with a firm
understanding of child welfare and protection
* Be knowledgeable and understanding of the issues facing children
and families, particularly in disadvantaged communities
* Good knowledge of Aistear/Siolta
* Have a track record of professional development in a childcare
* Have community childcare experience
* Possess an interest in the financial management of creche in line
with sectoral requirements
* Have a working knowledge and understanding of the sector and
associated regulatory requirements
* Have excellent communication and people management skills
developed in a creche environment
* Be certified in First aid response (FAR)
* Be competent in Children first - Tusla/HSE elearning programme
* Have excellent Computer skills
* Be flexible and a team player
* Demonstrate initiative and ability to cope under pressure
* Exhibit professional manner at all times.
* Working as part of a team in the delivery of superior childcare
* Prepare and present reports as requested by EY Manager.
* Promote the service by working positively and proactively to
engage with parents/carers using or seeking to use the service.
* Be responsible for own professional development through attending
various training and development opportunities.
* Demonstrate behaviour that is professional, ethical and
responsible at all times.
* Actively liaising with EY Manager and creche management committee
on all matters relating to superior childcare practice.
* Provide support and supervision to for all staff responsible to
* Liaise with childcare manager and CE supervisor to identify
training needs of all staff.
* Support EY Manager to handle interactions with funding partners
(DCYA, Pobal) including compliance and other contractual obligations.
* Developing and ensuring the implementation of the curriculum
collaboratively with childcare practitioners based on the individual
needs of each child in their care, in an informal comfortable and
* Facilitate child development through assessment and the provision
of age appropriate planned activities and programmes of care.
* Implementation of the national quality framework SIOLTA and the
curriculum framework AISTEAR within the childcare setting.
* Prepare and present relevant feedback to parents
* Working with parents in relation to their children’s progress
and encouraging parental involvement in the activities of the creche
* Maintain open, friendly and cooperative relationships with each
child’s family and encourage their involvement in the programme.
Policy and procedure
* Reviewing the policies and procedures of the creche on an ongoing
basis to ensure they are in line with best practice and national
* Adhere to policies and procedure in relation to health, hygiene,
safety and child protection within the creche.
* Keep up to date on national policy and best practice relating to
childcare in Ireland.
Any other duties as required and/or directed by EY Manager.
* Salary commensurate with experience
* Annual leave entitlement of **Apply on the website** days per
* Paid sick leave
* Paid study leave
* Support for training/upskilling in line with requirements of role.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS GREAT POSITION?
To apply please include the following in your application:
* Letter of introduction that will clearly outline why you are
suitable for this role
* Detailed CV with contact details of two references
Closing date for applications is: **Apply on the website**th August
**Apply on the website** at **Apply on the website** noon.
Applications should be sent to: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
It is expected that interviews will take place on Wednesday **Apply on
the website**th August, **Apply on the website**.
Candidates will be selected to form a pool from which future vacancies
will be filled.
Shortlisting will apply. Not all applicants will be invited for
All candidates will be required to undergo Garda Vetting. Police
clearance will be required for any candidate who has resided outside
of the State for more than 6 months.
_OUR LADY OF LOURDES COMMUNITY SERVICES GROUP IS AN EQUAL
We need : English (Good)