SEEKING A HIGHLY MOTIVATED PERSON TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITION._
SUPPORT WORKER – DAY SERVICE – KEY WORKER
_“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable
communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with
special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social
relationships based on mutual care and respect._
_Most communities are a home for both people with special needs and
volunteers. Members of the community share responsibility for the
tasks and cultural activities of day-to-day life._
The job’s purpose is to support the intentional community, in
developing and formalising a person- centred culture, and to achieve a
high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing
regulatory requirements, while maintaining Camphill’s ethos and
values. The suitable candidate will support the development of Day
services, support each adult in community access and enable community
As part of Day service delivery, you will lead on providing 1:1
support to adults within Day services, Support the adults in
identifying educational and vocational goals as well as training and
support needs to develop relevant experience for work placements and
other opportunities to access the community and link further into
community life. You will be responsible and lead on Key working,
THIS ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
* Support each adult to explore their individual goals in line with
their aspirations, interests, skills and abilities.
* Working with and inducting volunteers in the practical aspects of
their roles and coaching/modeling desired ways of working on an
* Creatively supporting people to develop and pursue their aims &
goals and engage in their leisure interests as well as coaching and
leading volunteers in appropriate ways to support people to achieve
* Delivering supports to individuals regarding personal and intimate
care and ensuring that they are provided to the highest standard in a
* Ensuring that all issues in relation to health & safety, food,
nutrition, cleanliness & hygiene, record keeping, keeping of proper
accounts and compliance with Camphill’s policies and procedures are
met to the highest standards.
* Engaging constructively with the Management Group and communicate
any issues or concerns proactively.
* Monitor and evaluate participant progression in line with the new
* Ensure all administrative duties required with the post are
carried out to a high standard.
* Liaising and developing relationships with external stakeholders.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum of QQI 5 in Health & Social Care related field.
* Full Clean Driving Licence.
* Minimum 2 years work experience in a related area such as
community development or social care and/or community worker.
* A working knowledge of New directions framework.
* An Understanding of HIQA Standards, Regulations, Safeguarding of
* Experience in supporting people who display challenging behaviour.
* Experience in mentoring Volunteers is desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in building relationships and networking.
* Ability to work under own initiative.
* Flexibility within the working week.
HOURS: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK MONDAY – FRIDAY
CONTRACT: INITIAL ONE-YEAR PERIOD SUBJECT TO A 3-MONTH PROBATION.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL ENQUIRIES TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR
ALTERNATIVELY ON **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**. FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND
PERSON SPECIFICATION ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY
BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** WITH LETTER OF
APPLICATION AND CV ATTACHED.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS WILL BE MONDAY THE **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH OF SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
_CAMPHILL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)