JOB TITLE: Drug & Alcohol Project Worker. Part time
REPORT TO: Rehab Co-ordinator & Management Team
OBJECTIVE: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the
provision of a Community based Drug & Alcohol treatment support,
family support, harm reduction, rehabilitation and aftercare service
for individuals over **Apply on the website** years
LOCATION: Dublin 8
START DATE: Immediate start, post Garda Vetting
HOURS: **Apply on the website**.5 hours per week
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE POSITION
* BA/BS degree in the wider Social Service area.
* Have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in
addiction, community development, health & social care, education or
related fields including experience of crisis support, key working,
case management and group facilitation
* Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy,
Substance Misuse Strategy, National Drug Rehabilitation Framework,
logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC)
DESIRABLE CRITERIA FOR THE POSITION
* Experience with facilitation of Creative Arts classes e.g. Drama,
writing, dance, music, art.
* Qualification/training in Motivational Interviewing (MI),
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Relapse Prevention.
* Additional Training Desirable: CRA/CRAFT
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* To work with service users in addressing their day-to-day substance
* To be there as a support for service users.
* To assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of educational,
life skills and personal development workshops. To co-facilitate such
groups and sit in as required.
* To manage a case load of participants, preparing care plans,
key-working on a one to one basis.
* To liaise with Rehab and Training Co-ordinator.
* To maintain and update accurate day-to-day records.
* To undertake any other administrative duties as and when required.
PERSONAL AND TEAM DEVELOPMENT:
* To attend supervision.
* To undertake relevant training and development opportunities as
* To undertake housekeeping/care-taking duties of the project as
* To work within and adhere to RADE’s policy and procedures
* To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Experience of working in the area of addiction / community
development / social inclusion.
* An ability to communicate and work safely with participants
maintaining strictest confidentiality.
* An ability to work with participants professionally.
* The ability to work within professional boundaries.
* The ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative where
* To be aware of and adhere to RADE’s mission, values, aims and
Salary commences on Point 1 of the HSE Social Care Worker salary on a
pro-rata basis. For more details check out
We need : English (Good)