TO ASSIST A WOMAN WITH A DISABILITY TO LIVE AN INDEPENDENT LIFE
LOCATION: Greystones Co Wicklow
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**.**Apply on the website** (Basic)
per hour €**Apply on the website** Sunday rate
BACKGROUND: I’m **Apply on the website**, with a physical disability
neuro muscular disorder a wheelchair user and partially deaf I am an
accomplished artist having won book design awards and have had several
art exhibitions and would like to continue a life through art using
the medium of photography painting and writing. I lead a very
independent life. I am looking for a committed person to assist me
with my daily living needs. Work is generally routine most tasks are
well defined, but can have considerable variation; some phases of the
work are less well defined and may require ability to work on own
initiative. I enjoy nature and have a dog It would be fantastic to
have a personal assistant who also has an interest in arts and nature.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To enable me to achieve maximum independence in my daily living, by
providing assistance in all areas of personal and domestic need, and
by acting as a support in the social and day-to- day activities. By
having assistance at the right time I am, enabled to lead an
individual and independent lifestyle. An understanding of the
Independent Living Model/Social Model of Disability is important in
this role as a Personal Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Physically assisting with preparation of cooking meals...
* Light General domestic duties, ironing washing and hovering
cleaning the kitchen floor bathroom shopping etc.
* Assistance with personal care
* Driving to meetings and events as required Assistance with such
tasks as taking notes on my behalf at such meetings and events etc.
* Physically assisting with any other tasks that I may require to
undertake. For example: writing letters filling out forms keeping
accurate records receipts book keeping with guidance etc. from me.
* Physically assisting with packing for holidays or conferences etc.
* Accompany me at Social Activities attending theater shoes concert
conferences events etc.
* An Interest in the arts painting photography writing and love of
nature an advantage
THIS POSITION MAY SUIT SOME WHO HAS THE FOLLOWING
* An understanding of disability and the Independent Living movement
/ Social model of disability
* Ability to be pay close attention to detail and follow instruction
* Fluency in English essential both verbal and written
* Trustworthiness – aware of the importance of confidentiality
* Patience, sense of humor and positive thinking would be a distinct
* Ability to think outside of the box
* Some evening, antisocial and weekend hours will be required
* Clean driving license and a competent driver
* An Interest in the arts painting photography writing and advantage
* FETAC Level 5 in Social Care or caring industry or equivalent
* Manual handling experience / qualification essential
* Must be available to attend mandatory training sessions as
Please note this position is subject to successful Garda Vetting.
If interested, please email your CV cover letter and two references
along with any certificate gained with references code G2SEP**APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** to **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE 5PM **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH SEPTEMBER **APPLY ON THE
We need : English (Good)