US Bancorp is the fifth largest bank in the United States. In **Apply
on the website** it set up its European bank, Elavon Financial
Services DAC (“EFS” or “the Bank”). The Bank is headquartered
in Dublin and operates across Europe with branches in the UK, Germany,
Poland, Belgium, Spain, and Norway.
In addition to EFS, the Fund Services Division of US Bancorp has
established fund administration operations in a number of European
In order to meet the compliance needs of US Bancorp European
subsidiaries, a pan European Compliance Team of compliance specialists
(“the Compliance Team”) has been established to identify, assess
and monitor the regulatory requirements of the Bank as well those of
the European fund administration operations.
EFS is recruiting a Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) based in
Dublin to lead the EUROPEAN COMPLIANCE PROGRAMME. The CCO will report
directly to the EFS Chief Risk Officer.
The role holder will provide technical expertise to senior management
to manage their relevant regulatory and legal requirements. The
position will interact directly with other key risk and bank functions
including Legal, Credit, Enterprise Risk and First Line Risk teams as
well as with our Group Compliance functions based in the United
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Manage a Compliance Team of **Apply on the website**+ resources
reporting to the EFS Chief Risk Officer
* Providing advice, guidance and challenge on all Compliance related
matters that arise in EFS.
* Ownership of the Bank’s Compliance Manual which outlines the
requirements that are applicable to the Bank and sets out the
framework within which the Bank must operate;
* Maintain an inventory of the Bank’s regulatory requirements and
assessment of compliance with same;
* Ownership of the Bank’s suite of Compliance and Conduct Risk
* Oversight of the Bank’s Regulatory Change Management Programme
which is tasked with identifying, assessing and implementing
* Ownership of the Bank’s Enterprise Compliance Risk Assessment
programme which is tasked with assessing the Inherent Risk of the
Bank’s regulatory requirements; evaluating the Business Line
controls and determining the Residual Risk;
* Oversight of a risk based testing programme tasked with assessing
compliance with the Bank’s regulatory requirements;
* Reporting on the Bank’s State of Compliance to the EFS Executive
Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee on a quarterly basis;
* Co-chair of the EFS Compliance Management Committee; and
* Second Line of Defence oversight of the European fund
* Minimum **Apply on the website** years’ experience in Financial
Services and has managed compliance, risk or internal control teams;
* Third level qualification, with a Diploma in Compliance (or
* Proven track record of developing and implementing Compliance
policies and undertaking monitoring of same;
* Knowledge of Compliance regulation in Ireland and Europe; and
* Experience in a Prescribed Control Function (“PCF”) role in a
compliance, risk or internal controls role is beneficial.
* Ability to operate in a matrix organisation, build relationships
across business lines, strong communications skills;
* Ability to understand and interpret regulations, regulatory
guidance and apply such in a practical manner in an operational
* Strong team management skills.
* Occasional Travel including the UK, Europe and USA.
* This role has been identified as a Prescribed Controlled Function
(“PCF”) under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity
Regime (PCF **Apply on the website**). Accordingly, the Company must
be satisfied on reasonable grounds that the role holder complies at
all times with the Fitness and Probity Standards.
This role has also been identified as a Senior Manager Function
(“SMF”) under the UK Financial Conduct Authorities Senior Manager
Regime. Accordingly, the Company must be satisfied on reasonable
grounds that the role holder complies at all times with the required
Fitness and Probity Standards.
Applicants agree to permit the Company (or its agents) to conduct such
due diligence as it deems necessary to satisfy itself on reasonable
grounds that you comply with the Fitness and Probity Standards and
that you will provide the Company with all information and/or
documentation relating to your qualifications, experience, employment
history, financial soundness and other interests that the Company
requests for that purpose
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel so.
We need : English (Good)