TITLE OF POST: Fundraising Administrator
LOCATION: Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
REPORTING: Head of Fundraising & Marketing
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time fixed term contract running from October
**Apply on the website** to January **Apply on the website**
About Peter McVerry Trust: Established in **Apply on the website** by
Fr Peter McVerry we are a charity that works with homeless youths,
primarily in the Dublin region. We provide a wide range of services in
the areas of prevention, housing, homelessness, under **Apply on the
website**s residential and drug treatment.
Our Vision: “An Ireland that supports all those on the margins and
upholds their rights to full inclusion in society.”
Our Mission: Peter McVerry Trust is committed to reducing homelessness
and the harm caused by drug misuse and social disadvantage. Peter
McVerry Trust provides low-threshold entry services, primarily to
younger persons with complex needs, and offers pathways out of
homelessness based on the principle of the Housing First model.
Fundraising Opportunity: Would you like to learn more about working in
the not for profit/voluntary sector and gain experience in fundraising
This role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to gain a
broad knowledge of events, project management, and fundraising in the
NGO sector. They will also develop their administration skills and
learn how to prioritise and work as part of a team.
Peter McVerry Trust is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic intern to
work within the Fundraising Department during the busy Christmas
period. To succeed in the role, you must have demonstrable
administration and computer skills including Microsoft Office; have an
excellent telephone manner; be flexible, professional and an ability
to work on your own initiative. The position will involve supporting
the Fundraising Administrator with the following duties:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Maintain an accurate database of Peter McVerry Trust supporters and
individual donors on a daily basis.
* Draft, Issue, and file letters of receipt/acknowledgement for all
donations made to PMVT.
* Support the Fundraising Team with the organisation and
implementation of fundraising events and campaigns.
* BANKING & FINANCE
* Process donations received and record in line with _PMVT’s
Fundraising & Communications Policies and Procedures._
* When required, prepare financial documentation and carry out
* Handle incoming calls; filtering/directing calls and taking
messages as necessary.
* Maintain office filing systems and stationary supplies.
* Recording and processing of incoming and outgoing post.
* Attend team meetings and take minutes on behalf of the team.
* Adhere to all policies, procedures and standards with regards to
* Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising.
* TO HAVE A POSITIVE AND ENTHUSIASTIC ATTITUDE IN WORK:
* In your interactions with management, staff and residents of the
Peter McVerry Trust.
* In your interactions with external agencies while representing the
Peter McVerry Trust.
* OTHER DUTIES:
* Any other duties as designated by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Qualification in Fundraising, Event Management, Marketing or
related discipline desirable, but not essential.
* Essential competencies: Commitment to providing the highest level
of service, communication skills– oral, aural and written,
professionalism, respect for others and resilience and positive
outlook (All other competencies to be reviewed as part of the
supervision and support process)
* An ability to prioritise, multi-task and work well under pressure
in a small, but busy office environment.
* Highly computer literate – proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g.
Word, Excel, Access).
* Project management skills.
* Strong organisation and administrative skills.
* Punctuality and reliability as an employee are essential.
* A willingness to attend fundraising events outside of normal
TO APPLY, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PMVT APPLICATION FORM OUR WEBSITE
We need : English (Good)