LOURDES YOUTH & COMMUNITY SERVICES LTD
Lr. Sean MacDermott Street, Dublin 1
Phone: **Apply on the website**
_YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN THE PROVISION OF ADULT
EDUCATION, EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING IN DUBLIN’S NORTH INNER CITY._
COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT (CE) SUPERVISOR
(**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS PER WEEK)
* Minimum 3 years previous direct management experience in
administration, project management, education/training or other
* Major Award at 3rd Level (QQI level 6 or higher) in
Business/Financial, Administration, Training, Project Management,
Community Development or a related discipline.
SALARY SCALE: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** -
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
Apply by sending CV and covering letter to:
CEO at **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR BY POST TO THE CEO, LYCS, LR SEAN
MACDERMOTT STREET, DUBLIN D**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** YC**APPLY ON THE
Closing date for applications is 5PM ON MONDAY **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH OCTOBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFICATION
The CE Sponsoring Organisation within LYCS is responsible for the
terms and conditions of employment of the Supervisor as outlined in
the CE Procedures Manual. These guidelines are included in the job
specification for the CE Supervisor.
JOB TITLE: Supervisor - Community Employment
REPORTING TO: CEO, LYCS.
FUNCTION: To ensure the effective and efficient management and
co-ordination of the human, financial and material resources of the CE
Scheme and report to the CEO on its implementation. A core aspect of
the role is to support and coach CE long term unemployed adults
towards gaining the skills and competencies in preparation for
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting
system in line with CE corporate governance requirements as directed
by the CEO.
* Ensure effective and efficient management of LYCS’s busy
administration office and reception staff.
* Ensure that financial returns i.e. wages claims, materials claims,
and participant development grant claims meet the standard as laid
down by Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
* Ensure implementation of systems controlling the operation of all
finances e.g. cheque payments book, petty cash system, debtors,
creditors and participant’s payroll, bank account and PRSI returns
as directed by the Project Management Committee.
* Ensure prompt and accurate payment of participant allowances.
Ensure the security of cash/equipment on scheme as directed by the
Project Management Committee.
* Install and manage effective time keeping record system for
participants and admin staff.
* Liaise with the local DEASP Office as required.
_TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROVISION_
* Carry out an identification of learner needs with each participant
on the scheme as part of the Individual Learner Plan process.
* Identify needs and source and co-ordinate cost effective
training/development opportunities in line with DEASP procurement
* Prepare an Individual Learning Plan for each Participant for
submission to DEASP in accordance with CE procedures.
* Ensure access to accredited training for participants, with a
focus on the achievement of relevant qualifications including QQI
Major Awards on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) or
industry related equivalent.
* Plan and procure relevant training opportunities which have been
approved by DEASP.
* Maintain and update training records for each participant as part
of their ILP. Monitor and review training inputs with the
* Plan and organise work placements - internal and external as
* Report on ILP developments to the CEO.
* Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants per the CE Recruitment
and Referral Process issued by DEASP.
* Plan and co-ordinate the approved work schedules and ensure
contracts of employment are in place for all participants.
* Communicate effectively with all participants on the scheme using
team meetings and individual formal and informal 'one-to-one'
* Develop a mutual understanding with participants in relation to
their needs for re-entry to work where the participant had been
long-term unemployed and needs to develop a clear progression path.
* Implement job search activities with participants.
* Deal with all disciplinary matters in relation to participants in
accordance with DEASP CE procedures,
* Liaise with employers to promote progression to work and work with
other support organisations as needed.
* Develop an exit plan with each participant.
* Follow-up and report on participants for up to 4 months on exit
* Manage staff resources as required.
* Engage in training and development as detailed in Procedures
* Report to the CEO as required.
CE SCHEME MANAGEMENT
_FINANCIAL MONITORING AND PROGRAMME AND TRAINING MONITORING_
* Ensure the CE scheme is compliant with financial, programme and
training monitoring requirements as detailed in the CE Operating
_PROGRESSION OF CE PARTICIPANTS_
* Carryout intensive Job Search activities as part of exit planning
Engagement with Local Employers
* Maintain a database of Employers
* KNOWLEDGE OF POST - Have a solid understanding of the role of the
Community Employment Supervisor as it pertains to project management
and programme delivery to long-term unemployed and vulnerable adults.
Display responsibility, commitment and motivation to implement the
objectives of the Community Employment Programme.
* WORK EXPERIENCE
* Previous supervisory and people management experience relevant to
post (3 years minimum).
* Previous experience in Administration, Project Management and/or
Training or other relevant positions.
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Effective communication skills.
* Competent report writing skills.
* Experience of working with vulnerable individuals and job-seekers.
* Capable of directing, motivating, coaching and mentoring
jobseekers and a staff team.
* Ability to work under the direction of the LYCS for the effective
implementation of the CE Programme in line with the CE Operational
* Major Award at 3rd Level (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in
Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources, Project
Management or related disciplines.
* ICT skills essential (e.g. MS Office). Previous experience in the
use of IT packages e.g. Word, Excel, Coll Soft.
BACKGROUND TO THE POST OF CE SUPERVISOR
LYCS is a diverse organisation within which, the financial section
operates to agreed principles and objectives. It is based on a set of
values, which require flexibility and adaptability in approach so as
to meet the requirement of our participants and funders. The CE
Supervisor faces the challenge of working within a framework to enable
continuing innovative opportunities to be available and being
responsive to changes externally.
The post requires a commitment to working in an organisation where the
interdependence to its separate parts requires ability to make
The majority of LYCS’s **Apply on the website** participants come
from the North Inner City of Dublin. Most have little or no history of
formal education and have little opportunity for accessing further
education/training or employment. LYCS sources funds through many
Government Departments and agencies which can provide for a complex,
ever-changing work environment.
LYCS operates to community development principles and has a social
inclusion ethos which forms the basis for all communication with
stakeholders. LYCS understands community development to be a
developmental activity which composes both a task and a process. The
task is the achievement of social change linked to equality and social
justice through the delivery of services, and the process is the
application of the principles of participation, empowerment and
collective decision making in a structured and coordinated way.
The CE Supervisor will work with LYCS Management Team, which includes
managers from the Youth Work Programme, Community Training Centre,
Adult Education Programme and Crèche. This team reports to the CEO
who in turn reports to the Board of Directors. The CEO provides
regular individual supervision sessions with the CE Supervisor, plus
other meetings to review management progress within LYCS.
Suitable learning and training opportunities are encouraged which will
further enable the CE Supervisor to meet the organisation’s goals
We need : English (Good)