Resilience are expanding and opening a new adult residential service
in Rathmore, Co. Kerry. As a result, an exciting opportunity has
arisen for an experienced Service Manager (PIC) to lead our team
supporting adults with Intellectual disabilities in our new state of
the art residential home in Rathmore, Co. Kerry. The post holder will
be responsible for the development and management of this service,
with the support of an experienced service management team and a
multidisciplinary team. The successful candidate will report to
Resilience Care's Head of Social Care and will be the nominated Person
in Charge (PIC) for the designated centre, ensuring the provision of
high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with
HIQA standards and relevant legislation. This is a pivotal role within
the organisation and is a full-time, permanent position. The new
incumbent must demonstrate the capacity to lead and develop services,
underpinned by the principles of person centeredness and quality to
ensure each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
* RNID/Degree in Applied Social Studies in Social Care or
* Hold or be willing to complete a post registration management
qualification in health or a related field.
* Not less than 3 years' experience in a management capacity in the
health and Social Care area.
* Level of knowledge and experience of dealing with HIQA.
* Experience of working in a care environment for adults and
children with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Autism.
* Knowledge of Children First, FOI, GDPR, Disability Act and other
legislation relevant to this role / knowledge of HIQA and other
standards as relevant to this role.
* Experience of and ability to manage resources including budget.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
* Carry out assessments and care plans
* Ensure each service user's needs are set out in a Personal Support
* Review and update care plans as and when required and as indicated
by HIQA standards
* Be an active leader and role model for the team
* Project manage new initiatives as required
* Effectively manage the service resources within budget provided.
* Organise and participate in meetings, reviews and committees
* Provide supervision and mentoring for non-nursing members of
staff, i.e. HCAs
* Be aware of and practice the correct use of all aids and
appliances and ensure that staff are at all times adequately and
certifiably trained and competent
* Ensure all incidents/potential incidents are reported and
documented in line with internal and external reporting requirements
* Address incidents in a timely manner and develop action plans with
the staff team
* Be aware of the reporting requirements of the National Standards
for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities
(January **Apply on the website**) and the Health Act **Apply on the
website** (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for
Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations **Apply
on the website**
* Promote Resilience's duty to employees under the Safety, Health
and Welfare at Work Act **Apply on the website**
* Make all necessary arrangements to prevent service users from
being harmed or from suffering abuse. This will include training of
staff and complying with relevant policies and procedures. Concerns
should be reported within the required time scales
WHAT WE OFFER:
* An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve
success within our established service where our aim is to ensure that
each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
* Competitive salary.
* Permanent contract.
* Paid holidays.
* Comprehensive learning & development program.
* Working alongside and constantly supported by an experienced
leadership team with an established track record in this area.
* Bike to work scheme.
* Tax saver travel scheme
Resilience's mission is to enhance the quality of people's lives.
Resilience provides outreach, respite and residential programmes and
supports to people with disabilities (intellectual, physical and
sensory), and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, supporting those who may
present with behaviours that challenge.
Established in **Apply on the website**, Resilience is wholly
Irish-owned, international healthcare company. Since its
establishment, Resilience has strived to diversify its services and
positively change and enhance the lives of both children and adults.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**TH OF NOVEMBER.
PLEASE EMAIL: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Contact Lorraine Mahon on **Apply on the website** for further
We need : English (Good)