DAUGHTERS OF CHARITY COMMUNITY SERVICES
The Daughters of Charity Community Services (DoCCS), located at
**Apply on the website** Henrietta Street, Dublin 1, is a
community-based organisation providing a range of educational,
training and social care services for children, young people and
adults living in Dublin’s North Inner City. Our services are
targeted to individuals and families experiencing socio-economic and
The Daughters of Charity Community Services are currently advertising
the following vacancies,
* HENRIETTA ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION MANAGER (FULL TIME,
* HENRIETTA ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION ADMINISTRATOR (PART TIME,
* HOSPITALITY AND CLEANING OPERATIVE (PART TIME, FIXED TERM)
The details of these roles are set out below and include details of
how to apply.
1. HENRIETTA ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION MANAGER (FULL TIME,
Henrietta Adult and Community Education service (HACE) is a dedicated
community education provider, offering a variety of education
programmes and activities for adults in Dublin’s North Inner City.
HACE provides, on average, twenty-five part-time courses, the majority
of which are held in the evening time. We also run a week long summer
school each July, to allow people to sample a taster of some of the
courses on offer throughout the year.
The Henrietta Adult and Community Education Manager role:
Contract: Full time permanent contract based on a **Apply on the
website** hour working week
REPORTING TO: Director of Services
SALARY SCALE: €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
- €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**. Salary will
be set commensurate with skills and experience
WORKING HOURS: The working hours vary based on term or non-term time
working. During term time the Manager will work 3/4 evenings a week
depending on the needs of the service.
* To lead, prepare, manage and monitor the Adult and Community
Education Plan for HACE.
* To lead and manage the staff in line with DoCCS policies and in
line with best practice.
* To set and manage budgets to ensure the effective operation of the
* To ensure full compliance with financial management, business
planning and performance management arrangements. To identify, review
and bring forward strategic options for the management and delivery of
* To complete all funding applications and seek out new funding
opportunities for HACE and the wider organisation.
* To lead the strategic development of the Service
* To monitor and report on risks pertaining to the effective
delivery of the service and identify ways to minimise risk to
* To organise and coordinate the Adult and Community Education
courses with appropriate planning and analysis of local needs.
* To provide opportunities for potential learners, learners and
other stakeholders, to feedback their views, be involved in
consultation and input to the strategic planning process for HACE.
* To be part of the leadership and management team within the
* To be involved and develop the appropriate support
networks/partnerships in the Adult and Community Education space.
_THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION IS ATTACHED BELOW_
* Experience of developing and implementing successful service plans.
* Experience in conducting service needs analysis
* Wide knowledge of Adult and Community Education policy and funding
and current issues in adult learning sector.
* Understanding of Adult and Community education bodies, including
how they relate to strategic priorities and funding programmes.
* Ability to develop and implement service improvement frameworks,
risk and performance management systems.
* Pro-active approach to coordinating programme and action planning
within a multi-disciplinary environment.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills together with an
ability to influence others.
* Experience of working within Adult and Community Education
framework including knowledge of QQI and accreditation processes
* Ability to articulate the objectives of the Service to internal
and external stakeholders to champion the purpose, values and goals.
* Ability to develop and manage new and established partnerships and
networks to promote and secure the agreed objectives of learners, the
service and other stakeholders.
* Experience of preparing presentations, written and verbal
briefings, reports and other information to a range of audiences.
* At least 3 years’ experience of managing Adult and Community
Education programmes in either a teaching or project role.
2. HENRIETTA ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION (HACE) ADMINISTRATOR (PART
TIME, FIXED TERM)
HACE provides a range of educational and social programmes, through a
variety of part time courses and activities. HACE aims to support
adults in their learning journey by providing community-based
education in a way that encourages adults to discover their own
learning needs and to realise their own learning goals.
This role is being recruited to provide administration support to HACE
and administration support to the CEO of Daughters of Charity. There
will be a separation of duties and times to fulfil each part of the
role with 8 hours dedicated to HACE and 4 hours dedicated to
supporting the CEO.
While some experience in the voluntary sector is desirable it is not
essential but an understanding of the administration role in a small
to medium not for profit organisation would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic worker with
willingness to learn and develop in the role. They will be able to
deliver high quality work particularly excellence and accuracy in
computer office skills. The successful candidate will be comfortable
working with other professionals internally and particularly with
learners and volunteers. The person appointed will be an advocate for
the values, ethos and mission of HACE and the Daughters of Charity
Community Services. Some evening work may be required but this will be
agreed in advance with the successful candidate.
The post holder must have the ability to prioritise work and be aware
of the social environment in which HACE and the Daughters of Charity
Community Services operates. The post holder will require excellent
CONTRACT: Fixed Term – 9 months to 1 year (The role may be renewed
depending on funding allocation)
RATE OF PAY: €**Apply on the website** per hour
HOURS PER WEEK: **Apply on the website** hours over 2 / 3 days. This
may be mornings or afternoons depending on the needs of the service
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
* 2 Years’ Experience in busy office setting
* Experience working in an office environment and ability to
multitask and prioritise
* Highly competent in the use of all MS office systems
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent Personal and Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent standard of written and verbal English
* Experience working in a community / voluntary organisation
* Understanding of the needs of our service users and Community
* Knowledge of the Irish Education System
_A JOB DESCRIPTION IS ATTACHED BELOW._
3. HOSPITALITY AND CLEANING OPERATIVE (PART TIME, FIXED TERM)
We are currently looking for a cleaning and hospitality operative to
help support the work of Daughters of Charity Community Services. This
is a vital role within the organisation as it supports the work of all
of our services.
The Hospitality and Cleaning Operative role:
Contract: Part-time, 6 months fixed term but this may be extended
HOURS: **Apply on the website** – **Apply on the website** hours per
week over 5 days. Start time is 2 / 3pm daily
REPORTING TO: HR Manager
RATE OF PAY: €**Apply on the website**ph
The ideal candidate will have some experience in a cleaning or
hospitality role and/or a willingness to learn and develop within the
role. The role requires somebody who is proactive in solving any
issues that arise, flexible in their approach to work, good initiative
to adapt the role to ensure we are maintaining a high standard and a
high level of confidentiality.
This role involves cleaning duties throughout the services, meeting
room set up and diary management and cover on reception if required.
This role is of crucial importance to the organisation as a response
to COVID-**Apply on the website**.
_A JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS ROLE IS INCLUDED BELOW._
Please complete the attached application form and submit with a cover
letter by email to Louise Mullins at **Apply on the website** or by
post to Louise Mullins, HR Manager, Daughters of Charity Community
Services, 9 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1. Applicants should refer to the
job description and their suitability to match the requirements of the
role within their application.
PLEASE NOTE: CVS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms: 8th
November **Apply on the website**
_THE DAUGHTERS OF CHARITY COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
EMPLOYER AND WE WELCOME, AND STRIVE TO HAVE, A DIVERSE WORKFORCE._
We need : English (Good)