SOPHIA HOUSING ASSOCIATION
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: RELIEF SUPPORT WORKER – SOPHIA HOUSING
LOCATION: All Dublin projects with a specific interest in our Donabate
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
HOURS: As and when required
Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on the website**.
Responding to the ever-growing need in Ireland Sophia now directly
supports **Apply on the website** adults and **Apply on the website**
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
You will work with families, couples and individuals coming from
homelessness, helping staff in managing their caseload in busy
projects by assisting in the key working of individuals, carry out
assessments and care plans and regularly liaising with other
agencies/authorities on behalf of the service users as part of
covering staff on annual leave or sick leave. The role includes
evenings, weekends and sleepover shifts.
* To have regard for the objectives and ethos of Sophia Housing
* To work as a member of the Support Team under the supervision of
the Project Manager.
* To attend team meetings and to participate in training as
* To work in a holistic way with Family Members and Single Persons
as appropriate to their housing management and personal needs.
* To provide practical home support to tenants when required.
* To provide resettlement preparation as required.
* To liaise with appropriate local crèche facilities.
* To plan for and assist families and single persons as appropriate
with their move on from the Projects.
* To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia
Housing, and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, Health
* To set up and maintain appropriate records of the work with
Tenants and the work of the Project.
* To ensure Tenancy Agreement is understood by tenants and to attend
tenancy meetings when required.
* To co-operate as appropriate with research and evaluation of the
* To implement Policy and Procedures within the service.
* To participate in responding to emergencies within the Projects as
* To share administrative duties within the Team; e.g. Rent
Collection, Petty Cash, etc.
* To promote tenant involvement in the development of the Projects.
* To check on the maintenance of the properties within the Projects.
* To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the
workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* Working towards or in receipt of a degree in Social Care/Social
Science/Applied Social Studies or related discipline i.e. addiction,
social work, psychology
* A minimum of one years’ experience working with this client
group would be desirable
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is FRIDAY, OCTOBER
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)