JOB TITLE: PROJECT WORKER (PART TIME)
LOCATION: Sophia Housing, Cork street, Dublin 8
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
CONTRACT: Fixed term (1 year)
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hours per week
Sophia is a national organisation, who has been supporting people as
they emerge from homelessness since **Apply on the website**.
Responding to the ever-growing need in Ireland Sophia now directly
supports **Apply on the website** adults and **Apply on the website**
Sophia is a niche service provider for two reasons; Firstly, it sees
the provision of home of one’s own as the primary response to
homelessness and the intervention that Sophia is exclusively focused
on. Secondly as an Approved Housing Body, its core mission is to
provide homes for individuals, couples and families who not only need
a home but also present with other support needs.
Sophia recognises that homelessness can have a traumatic impact on
people and that services need to be designed and delivered in a trauma
The successful candidate will work on a daily basis with individuals
and families in their own homes with varying levels of need, many of
whom have experienced homelessness. He/she will manage a caseload in a
busy project, key work individuals, carry out assessments and care
plans, collect and manage rent, compile & submit regular reports,
attend meetings and regularly liaise with other agencies/authorities
on behalf of the service users.
* To have regard for the objectives and ethos of Sophia Housing
* To work as a member of the Support Team under the supervision of
the Project Manager.
* To attend Team meetings and to participate in training as
* To participate in the assessment and interview process for
referrals to the service.
* To work in a holistic way with tenants appropriate to their
housing management and personal needs.
* To provide practical home support to tenants when required.
* To provide resettlement preparation as required.
* To plan for and assist tenants as appropriate with their move on
from the Projects.
* To liaise and work effectively with relevant personnel in Sophia
Housing, and other relevant agencies; e.g. Local Authority, Health
* To set up and maintain appropriate records of the work with
Tenants and the work of the Project.
* To ensure Tenancy Agreement is understood by Tenants and to attend
Tenancy Meetings when required.
* To co-operate as appropriate with research and evaluation of the
* To implement Policy and Procedures within the service.
* To participate in responding to emergencies within the Projects as
* To share administrative duties within the Team; e.g. Rent
Collection, Petty Cash, etc.
* To promote Tenant involvement in the development of the Projects.
* To check on the maintenance of the apartments within the Projects.
* To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the
workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line
* To undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to
* A degree in Social Care/Social Science/Applied Social Studies or
related discipline i.e. addiction, social work, psychology
* A minimum of two years’ experience working with a similar client
* An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
* Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and
* The ability to work on own initiative
* Proficient IT Skills and knowledge of PASS database
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and
written are essential.
* To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills
* Full, clean drivers licence and use of own car
Please forward a Cover Letter and CV to **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
The closing date for receipt of applications is MONDAY, 2ND NOVEMBER
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)