ROLE: COMMUNICATIONS & CAMPAIGNS OFFICER
TERM: Full Time, Maternity Leave Contract.
Simon Communities of Ireland currently have a temporary requirement
for a Communications and Campaigns Officer who will be responsible for
the management of Communication and function with specific
responsibility for campaigns run by the national office. This role is
usually based in the National office in Exchequer Street, Dublin 2 and
will report to the Head of Policy & Communications.
_COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS:_
* Preparation of Press Releases, media statements and briefings, and
organise publicity and media events, supporting the strategic goals of
* Create and maximise media opportunities for, and provide support
to the National Spokesperson.
* Maximise potential within new technologies and social networking
* Develop and maintain relationships with members of the media.
_NATIONAL CAMPAIGN COORDINATION AND IMPLEMENTATION:_
* Support campaigns run by the Simon Communities of Ireland
* Create opportunities to promote the campaigning agenda.
* Participate in key stakeholder meetings and relevant national
_SOCIAL MEDIA, ADMINISTRATION AND EVENT MANAGEMENT_
* Ensure the production of high-quality publications that convey
positive messages about the organisation, its services and people who
use Simon services.
* Manage the compilation of information and publications
particularly editing, proofreading, formatting, production and
dissemination processes. Publications include the Annual Report,
briefing documents and research reports.
* Act as webmaster for www.simon.ie [http://www.simon.ie] and
develop national office social media channels.
* Developing and maintaining media books as appropriate.
* Maintaining media database.
* Provide administration support to the Head of Policy and
Communications as required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Education to degree level (a Master’s Degree is an advantage)
* At least 3 years of relevant communications and campaign related
* Computer literacy is required, including but not limited to
Microsoft Office **Apply on the website**, WordPress and a
demonstrable understanding of social media platforms, including
Facebook and LinkedIn
* An excellent and professional personal manner
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask
* Demonstrate initiative and ability to work alone and in a team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Commitment to the organisation’s vision and mission
* Proactive and independent professional capable of working equally
well autonomously and as part of a team
* Flexible, willing to share information and to take up various
tasks to support a small office
* Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply for the position, please send a one-page letter outlining
your motivation for and approach to the post, together with your CV to
**Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)