Programme (CSP). Eligibility to participate on C.S.P includes, Tus,
Community Employment (CE), Gateway, in receipt of a job Seekers
Benefit/Assistance, One Parent Family Payment etc. (This is a
condition of funding).
THE ROLE: As a Maintenance Operator, you will provide a high-quality
maintenance service in our resource Centre and co-ordinate outsourced
repairs where required. Provide guidance and support to colleagues on
property maintenance programmes. You’ll report to the Centre
Supervisor. This role may vary depending on the requirements of the
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Opening and closing of the centre am and pm. Facilitating all
tenants and community groups. Including being a keyholder for the
* Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine
necessary repairs or maintenance.
* In assigned areas, must be capable to use the buffer.
* Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep both internally and
externally of the building including gardening, paintwork, repairs,
* Performing routine maintenance around the building such as
features and fittings.
* Repair to broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage.
* Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries.
* Plan, schedule, and coordinate outsourced maintenance (which
require a qualified contractor e.g. electrical works).
* Source materials, prepare area, monitor the maintenance programme.
* To safely set up rooms/halls for centre activities.
* Monitoring efficiency of heating system and ESB meters, set
heating as required.
* Ensure compliance with health and safety and report any concerns
* Reporting and logging all completed repairs on a continuous basis
and supplying this log weekly to management.
* Support colleagues on property related activities as identified by
* To create a positive, respectful and friendly atmosphere
throughout the centre with staff and visitors.
* To participate in work reviews and meetings as required
* To take part in any training deemed necessary in order to carry
out the role competently.
_Please Note: The duties listed in this job description are not
exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are
reasonable in the course of your work with St. Benedicts Resource
LOCATION & WORKING HOURS:
St Benedicts Resource Centre, Swansnest Road Kilbarrack Dublin 5
Your hours of work are **Apply on the website** hours per week Monday
to Friday however, times worked during the day may vary due to the
responsibilities of the role e.g. late closing or call outs.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
* To play an active role in the development of St. Benedicts.
* Minimum of 3 years direct maintenance experience.
* Knowledge of building materials, health and safety, developing
repair and maintenance schedules.
* Accountable, positive individual, who is an excellent
* Ability to work in an agile environment, with a problem-solving
* Basic IT knowledge for updating stock control and souring
* To have very good team working skills.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
* Supportive colleagues & Board of Management team
* Dynamic & diverse work environment
_Applicants should supply suitable verifiable character references_
APPLICATIONS AND C.V TO:
St. Benedicts Resource Centre, Swansnest Road, Kilbarrack, Dublin 5.
Email: **Apply on the website**
Closing date for receipt of application: 5pm Thursday **Apply on the
We need : English (Good)