OUTREACH RESPITE FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE: This job involves regular out of hours
weekend and evening work.
The Bluestack Special Needs Foundation invites applications for the
positions of Outreach Respite Family Support Worker. Posts are
available all across County Donegal from Donegal Town to Buncrana. The
post involves directly working with families caring for children and
young adults with physical, sensory, and intellectual disabilities
including children who display difficult and challenging behaviours.
This post will involve offering an in-home respite service and
community engagement facilitation process.
The post is initially for 6 months and is subject to funding being
continued. It is a part time post of **Apply on the website** hours
weekly with regular ‘out of hours’ working time at weekends and in
the evenings with a hourly rate of €**Apply on the website**.**Apply
on the website**
* Facilitate a person centred and family focused service to children
and young adults with varying complex needs.
* To work in the family home offering respite
* To work with the client and their family to identify appropriate
community engagement opportunities and facilitate participation in
* Report to representatives of the multidisciplinary team and take
direction from same
* To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate
recreational programmes within the community ensuring best practice
regarding the improving of the child or young adult’s quality of
life, pursuit of new experiences and the promotion of independence.
* Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times
while supporting their care, welfare and leisure needs.
* A love of working with children and young people with complex
needs, particularly Autism, to help them enjoy their lived experience
and reach their potential.
* Knowledge of principles of Family Support with experience of
working with families in-home or in community settings is essential.
* Particular knowledge or experience of working with people with
behaviours of concern, oppositional defiance disorder, and children
and young people who are non-verbal.
* Be creative in developing person centred and individually tailored
activities and programmes
* Capable of developing strong, respectful and positive
relationships with the clients and their families.
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Full QQI level 6 or above major award in social and health care,
special needs assistant, psychology, Autism studies, disability
studies or another related discipline desirable.
* Experience of working with children and young adults with
disabilities, in particular Autism
* Full Clean Drivers Licence and own insurance
* Child Protection and Safeguarding
* Good report writing skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS
* Full QQI Level 7 or higher in relevant discipline
* LAMH SIGN LANGUAGE FAMILIARITY
* First Aid Certificate
* It is imperative that you have excellent communication skills, be
adaptable, friendly, approachable, flexible, and have a true passion
for your role and the difference that you can make in the lives of the
children, young adults and the families that we serve.
* Candidates for this post will be Garda Vetted.
Please send applications consist of CV and Cover Letter outlining your
suitability for the position to – **Apply on the website**,
or post it to
The Manager, Bluestack Special Needs Foundation, Bluestack House, The
Glebe, Donegal Town, Co. Donegal. Envelopes marked “Private and
We need : English (Good)