Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to
recruit an Equipment Engineer for their site. The successful candidate
will be responsible to engineer and implement highly capable &
effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and
objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering
maintenance & calibration support involved in delivering
equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing
* Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
* Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment
improvement - automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
* Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment
requirements for new products.
* Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment
* Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection
and capital approval.
* A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT**Apply
on the website**;s.
* Champions the introduction of new technologies.
* Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
* Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve
* Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
* Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
* Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve
* Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department
projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process
(VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
* Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring,
day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
* Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous
improvement that supports the Quality policy, Quality System & the
appropriate regulations for the area.
* Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into
new equipment specifications.
* Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with
all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to
all GMP & E&AS requirements.
* Maintain and develop the team**Apply on the website**;s technical
and trouble shooting skills.
* Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
* Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in
sister sites and R&D.
* Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and
protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
* Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring
balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on
* Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS
Key Skills and Competencies required:
* Degree in software/automation/electrical engineering or related
discipline and at least 3 years**Apply on the website**; relevant
* Knowledge of automation systems with experience of Allen Bradley and
Beckhoff PLC**Apply on the website**;s an advantage
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong organisational skills and technical knowledge
For further information on this Equipment Engineer role in Cork please
contact Ciaran Fahy on (phone number removed)/
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website -
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection
legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any
company without your prior approval
We need : English (Good)