We are currently hiring a Coordinator for the Communications
Department to join our team at the Medical Missionaries of Mary (MMM).
This is an exciting role focused on telling the Medical Missionaries
of Mary story and creating awareness of our message. The role supports
public engagement and fundraising, including mission awareness
promotion. It will focus on communications that are fit for purpose
for the future, including web content generation, graphic design, and
managing our online presence. Candidates willing to bring fresh ideas
and creativity are particularly welcomed. The successful candidate
will bring energy and passion, managing a small team to cultivate
relationships with a wide range of people across the MMM family and
with the media.
THE MEDICAL MISSIONARIES OF MARY
Founded in **Apply on the website**, the Medical Missionaries of Mary
is a religious congregation of women who are committed to working with
some of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities in the world.
Our members live within marginalised communities and work in the areas
of health, sustainable development and human rights with a focus on
women and children and families. Our Sisters, MMM Associates and Staff
provide a healing presence and high-quality care with a deeply rooted
presence in **Apply on the website** countries.
_DEVELOP COMMUNICATIONS PLANS FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICATION_
* Create a vision for the Communications Department
* Develop communications strategy that reflects the Medical
Missionaries of Mary’s mission and member projects across the
countries where we are located.
* Develop and implement communications that reach and influence
national and international audiences through website, email, social
media and print media.
* Oversee the writing and design content for Medical Missionaries of
Mary external communications
* Provide support to donor engagement, public engagement and
* Ensure all communications comply with current national and
international Codes of Conduct on the use of images and messages and
Medical Missionaries of Mary Communications Policy and Employees’
* Collaborate with MMM Leadership, Sisters, the Congregational
Project Officer (CPO) and MMM Associates across the four Areas of the
MMM world: East/Central Africa, West Africa, Americas and Europe
* Develop annual communications and Fundraising work plan and budget
with line manager.
_ONLINE PRESENCE AND SOCIAL MEDIA_
* Build our online presence including www.mmmworldwide.org
[http://www.mmmworldwide.org] and social media channels.
* Develop innovative and creative promotions and regular posts using
compelling visuals, graphics, to ensure information on projects is
relevant and engaging.
* Track and monitor our social media accounts and website against
key performance indicators using the latest analytics tools and
* Support a process to generate content for donor reports and
external resource engagement for online and print publications.
* Generate an annual plan for media coverage for Medical
Missionaries of Mary projects and their impact, managing national and
international media relationships.
* Review draft press releases to highlight MMM projects and key
developments in the Congregation.
_SUPPORT FUNDING DIVERSIFICATION EFFORTS_
* Strengthen current fundraising initiatives and engagement and apply
new approaches where needed
* In creating key documents for fundraising efforts ensure that MMM
branding is consistent throughout.
* Develop positive relationships across the entire MMM Congregation.
* Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager or Congregational
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in communications or a related discipline.
* A minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar role
preferably in the international development and/or community and
* Experienced and regular user of IT communication tools.
* A good understanding and experience of development issues,
missionary activity and current affairs.
* Lived experience in a mission/development context (desirable)
* Experience working with a fundraising team (desirable)
* Experience of photography/videography (desirable)
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
* A strong ability to manage and work effectively as a team member,
collaboratively across the Congregation
* Tact and diplomacy with good interpersonal and networking skills
* Respect for ethos and values of the Medical Missionaries of Mary
* Highly motivated and flexible
* Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation
skills suitable for different media
* Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources
* Understanding of religious and missionary organisations and
* A willingness to travel internationally to other countries of the
* Ability to manage competing deadlines and demands within a small
dynamic team and within budget
* Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
OTHER KEY INFORMATION
LOCATION: The role is currently based in our offices at Blackrock, Co.
Dublin, but will be relocating to Drogheda, Co Louth in March **Apply
on the website**.
REPORTING TO: Congregational Leadership Team Line Manager
SALARY: € **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** to €
**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** The position is
offered as a 2-year fixed term contract on a full-time basis. A degree
of flexibility will be required, where appropriate.
BENEFITS: Annual Leave of **Apply on the website** days. Medical
Missionaries of Mary operate a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
with employer’s contribution.
START DATE: 1 February **Apply on the website**
The selection process will likely involve shortlisting of candidates,
a zoom interview and confirmation of suitability from two referees.
The post is subject to Garda Vetting.
To apply for this position please send a letter of application
outlining your suitability and motivation along with a CV including
two referees to: **Apply on the website**
For further enquiries please contact: +**Apply on the website**
**Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** DECEMBER **APPLY ON THE
_MEDICAL MISSIONARIES OF MARY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)