The National Traveller Women’s Forum
Invites applications for position of
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKER
NATIONAL TRAVELLER WOMEN’S FORUM (NTWF) is the National Network of
Traveller women and Traveller women's organisations. We recognise the
particular oppression of Traveller women in Irish society and are
working to address this issue through the provision of opportunities
to Traveller women to meet, share experiences, ideas and develop
collective strategies and skills to work towards the enhancement of
their position in society.
We wish to recruit a: Community Development Worker 4 days a week
(**Apply on the website** hours per week pro rata).
To cover a career break for a minimum of one year.
* At least 3 years’ experience working from a Community Development
* Understanding of issues and policies impacting on Traveller women
* Commitment to human rights and social justice and to work from an
anti-racist and equality framework.
* Excellent group facilitation skills.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Excellent communication skills and report writing skills
* Qualification in Community Development or related field
* Experience in working with the Traveller community and/or gender
* Ability to identify funding opportunities and submit grant
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must complete the application form particular to this
position, and return by email to **Apply on the website**
Closing date for receipt of application is Thursday 3rd December
**Apply on the website**. Shortlisting will apply, and it is intended
that interviews will take place the week beginning 7th December
**Apply on the website** via zoom in keeping with government
guidelines on Covid-**Apply on the website** restrictions.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND A C.V. IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
_NTWF is an Equal Opportunities employer; applications are welcomed
particularly from the Traveller community.
This post is funded by the Department of Justice and Equality._
We need : English (Good)