PSYCHOTHERAPISTS / COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGISTS - KERRY
Hours: **Apply on the website** hours over 5 days including x1 evening
SALARY: €**Apply on the website**
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pieta provide a range of counselling services for people who are
suicidal, engage in self-harm or who are bereaved by suicide. Pieta
operate over **Apply on the website** centres, 5 outreach services, a
national **Apply on the website**-hour helpline (**Apply on the
website** **Apply on the website**) and a dedicated Research,
Education and Training office.
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager the role of the Therapist is
to provide professional and compassionate therapeutic support to
individuals who are in suicidal or self-harm crisis, and those
bereaved by suicide. We support individuals of all ages, experience
with U**Apply on the website**’s would be advantageous.
To ensure we continue to provide effective services our Therapists are
required to assess clients face to face, we facilitate physical/social
distancing and public health requirements at all times.
This role will include, but not be limited to the following:
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assess the therapeutic needs of individuals referred to the centre
and build relationships using the Pieta House Models of Therapy
* Formulate therapy plans according to the needs identified within
the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House
* Manage and oversee varied clinical caseloads and complex clinical
* Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard
to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
* Recognise and manage the limits of confidentiality in the work and
to appropriately address any matters which arise
* Ensure that clinical records are properly and accurately
maintained as required and that statistical information is available
* Ensure records of work activity are accurately kept and inputted
on service electronic data-base system in a timely fashion
* Attend meetings and case conferences as required.
* Deliver training and presentations as may be required and
* As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, participate in team
meetings, case discussions, service development initiatives and
on-going professional development and training.
* Recommend needed supplies / equipment and in consultation with
line manager, co-ordinate their requisition when required.
* Deliver a high-quality service in an efficient, effective and
* Advise on and adhere to an agreed policies
* Be accountable to the Centre Manager particularly through active
participation in self-reflective clinical supervision and line
* Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling &
Psychotherapy or a Masters in Counselling Psychology
* Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP
* Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and
* Have experience in Play/Art Therapy
* Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling
* Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills
* Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathize
* Work as part of the Clinical Team
* Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
* Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
* Be responsible for one’s on-going professional development
* Ensure compliance with any necessary on-going psychotherapy
* Keep informed of developments in national policies, strategies and
legislation and offer advice on any perceived impact on practice.
* Ensure the development, maintenance and dissemination of
professional standards of practice through active participation in
internal and external CPD training and development programmes.
_NOTE: GARDA VETTING IS REQUIRED (OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES) FOR
APPLICATIONS FOR THE ABOVE SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR VIA
EMAIL, ATTACHING A COVER LETTER (OUTLINING YOUR PARTICULAR SUITABILITY
TO THE ROLE) WITH AN UPDATED CURRICULUM VITAE TO **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** BY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH NOVEMBER **APPLY ON THE
_PIETA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
We need : English (Good)